Chapter 11: Celebration

Today is Halloween and my 17th birthday. I am beyond excited. Today is Saturday which is even better so I get the whole day to celebrate. Yes! Alexis came over this morning at 11am.

  "So what should we be this year?" Alexis asked me referring to our costumes.

  "I don't know," I stated. I thought of something and instantly a light bulb went off in my mind. I went to my closet and started rummaging through junk from when I was younger. I found it; seventh grade Halloween costumes, Mario and Luigi.

  Alexis and I were rushing to get home so we can finalize our homemade Halloween costumes,(Alexis was Mario and I was Luigi). 

  "How's that going to help?" she asked.

  "Memories. We never go the chance to wear these because stupid bitchy rock."

  "Rocks don't have personalities, mainly because personality has the word 'person' in it. Last time I checked, a rock is not a person."

  "Shut up!" I yelled.

  "Plus, we can't fit in those."

  "That's why there's something called Target," I added, "Wait why do we have to dress up anyways? We're juniors, what are we? A bunch of 10 year old girl scouts wanting to make a difference in this prison they call life?"

  "Who's they?" she asked.

  "Anyone who's not named 'Nicole Patterson'. Because Nicole knows what's going to hit her the second it does. She is a warrior. She's like an amazon warrior singing, 'I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter, dancing through the fire. 'Cause I am a champion and you're gonna hear me roar. Louder, louder than a lion. 'Cause I am a champion and you're gonna hear me roar.' It's the ultimate truth. She is just like superman," I announced in third person, "FALSE!!!! I'm not anywhere near superman nor will I anytime soon."

  She laughed, "You go girl! This is why your my best friend. You make a joke out of everything insulting I say."

  "You say. Don't even try to get on my nerves and today is not the day to try me. I'm 17 now and I know when you're being you."

  "Well first off, you're still 16. And secondly, that's mean! You're criticizing my personality. That's what all the critics do."

  "You have no critics."

  "How'd you know?" Alexis asked; clueless.

  "And I'm not technically 17 yet, but I do know some 17 year-old stuff."

  "Ooh, you a rebel sister!" Alexis smiled.

  "Target?" I asked.

  "Target," she responded full of pride.

  We went to Target, and I found the most amazing costumes for Alexis and I; Mario and Luigi.

  "Dude, Alex, I found it!" Alexis told me when I started looking at chokers for myself.

  "So did I," I said holding up a black lace choker. I looked at her and she was holding up two costumes; one green and one red; which I identified as Mario and Luigi costumes in an instant.

  "You have a thousand black chokers. At least get something better than a cheap black lace choker."

  "Don't criticize my choices," I announced.

  She sighed, "Anyways. So......"

  "Mario and Luigi??? Umm...."

  "Umm.. what?"