Where do I go?

The problem was deciding which one to do. I could either go in outer space or visit other dimensions. Before I could so much as suggest something, Hestia quickly said, "Why don't we sleep on it?"

I reluctantly nodded and accepted the book from her. I allowed my mother to lead me to a guest room.

"You can stay here for tonight," she said, "I'll make sure you are not found out."

"Thanks mom," I said, pulling her into a hug.

"Get some rest," Hestia said, kissing the top of my head. "We'll discuss which one is better for you to do in the morning."

Later, when I was laying in bed, I was tossing and turning, unable to get the rest my mother had told me to get. Eventually, I couldn't do it anymore and just sat up an started reading the book. Strangely, my dyslexia was not affected very much and I read the book just fine. I couldn't figure out why until I got to the middle of the book.

It was in Ancient Greek.

I felt so stupid once I realized that, I literally face-palmed myself.

The book was helpful in more ways than one. It explained where you could go for different things. Which major planets held major trading posts and which did not know about the other planets and which held life. The book also had a map of the transportation methods you could use to move from planet to planet as well as where you could find the portals to other dimensions. It held a glossary for tourist spots and places where you can settle down as well as uninhabited planets.

I decided to make a copy of the maps and memorize the rest as best I could. Never know when you will need a map.  I lit my hand on fire and held the book open to the page with the maps. Concentrating on the image provided, I did my best to burn the same image onto a piece of parchment I had nearby.

After looking at my handy work, I folded it up and stuffed it into my cloak pocket. The smell of burned animal skin lingered even after I waved my hand in front of my face. I made a face, it did not smell good at all.

However, before I could do anymore than that, there was a loud bang and shouting coming from the front of the house. Curious, but wary, I got up as quietly as I could and crept to the door. My cloak still wrapped around me. As I made my way down the hall, I listened to the shouting going on at my mother's front door.

"I know you took something, Hestia, all you need to do is tell me why," a voice that definately was not my mother said.

"I don't know what you are talking about, Hermes," Hestia shouted, sounding increasingly annoyed. "Now if you don't mind, I need to get to bed; I need to get up early tomorrow to see-"

"So whom, Hestia?" A new voice asked. "A secret lover?"

I made a face, disgusted I was sure she was going to say me. Not only is she my mother, but she is a virgin goddess! Really Apollo?

"Apollo!" My mother exclaimed. "Think about that for one second!"

"Yeah, man, come on," Hermes said, sounding as disgusted as me.

"Sorry," Apollo said quietly, probably as red as a tomato.

I chuckled lightly and quickly slapped my hand over my mouth. I waited, hoping with all my might that no one in the other room heard me.

Apparently the fates hated me because Hermes said, "Who was that?"

Luckily, Hestia was a quick thinker. "Who was what?" She asked. I couldn't detect any signs of deceit.

"Some one just laughed," Hermes said.

Obviously he didn't buy it.

"That was me," Hestia said shortly.

I was nodding in anticipation of what she was going to say in order to agree with her but when she said that, I looking in her direction, making a weird face.

"Hestia, that was a man's laugh," Apollo said like it should be obvious.

I sighed. Might as well, I thought. They could help Hestia tell the rest of the council about my departure.

I stepped out from behind the wall. "It's okay, Mom," I said, sighing. "Might as well tell them since I'm leaving soon."

"Percy," Hestia pouted. "I almost had him believing that no one was here!"

I looked skeptically at the two gods. Hermes had a triumphant look on his face and Apollo looked confused.

"You did huh?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at her.

She looked at the two gods as well. She sighed again. "I suppose you are right," she said.

Apollo looked from Hestia to me. "Percy?" He asked.

I realized my hood was still up and quickly put it down. "Yeah," I said, "Hey, guys how are you doing?"

Apollo's eyes widened. "Percy!" He said, running to give him a hug. "Everyone has been looking for you!" Then his eyes widened even more. "Thalia is going to kill you!"

My eyes widened. "Don't you dare tell her!" I told him, panicking. "She'd kill me then bring me back to life to kill me again because I'm leaving again soon."

Apollo's eyes scrunched together in confusion. "Where are you going?" He asked.

I sighed. "I haven't decided yet," I said, sharing a glance with my mother. "I'm either going to a different planet or a different dimension."

"Really?" Apollo asked. "Is that what you took from Athena's library? A book to tell you how to do it?"

"Excuse me," Hermes said, interrupting the conversation. "Am I the only one who is still stuck on how Percy called Hestia 'mom'?"

Apollo's eyes widened. "Hestia, you adopted Percy?" He asked.

Hestia nodded, smiling happily.

"Then why are you letting him go off to a place where he might not come back from?" Apollo asked.

I punched his arm. "That's not helping dude! I just got her to agree to it!" I told him.

Hermes eyed me carefully. "Percy why are you going?" He asked.

I looked at Hestia sadly. "I can't stay here, everything reminds me of Anna- her," I began, "Too many memories. I have nightmares-worse than normal-and I have no purpose here on earth any more. I can't heal here."

Hermes smiled sadly. "Percy," he said. "Are you going to tell your father about this? He hasn't been the same since you left."

I winced, I wasn't ready to see him yet. I don't know how he will react to my mom's death.

"No, I'm not, you are," I said, looking at him hopefully.

Hermes rolled his eyes. "Scaredy cat," he said.

I snorted. "Of Dad and Thalia? Put together?" I asked, laughing. "Of course."

Every one laughed.

"Really, Percy," Apollo said once every one calmed down. "Where are you going to go?"

"I haven't decided yet," I told him. "Where do you think I should go? Outer space? Or another dimension?"