The Planet of the Golden Shadows Part 2

Previously:
Fire Lord, you would not be getting out of here anytime soon because the training of one of use starts at a young age. At your age, you would not be leaving until you reached the age of fifty."

I shrugged. "I don't care about that, do not worry, I'll be fine," I told them. "Just put me at whatever level people my age would be at."

I could tell this made Dominick more nervous. "But Fire Lord-"

"Scratch that, have me fight some people so you can see where I would be in this training program of yours," I said, hoping for a compromise. I did not want to make anyone uncomfortable.

There was a sigh. "Very well, Fire Lord."

I fell hard on my back, grunting as I landed. The training the Golden Ninjas have me going through is intense. I was learning new weapons and how to hide in plain sight and other useful 'secret agent' skills.

The fight to decide whether I could join them in training was hard and I tired easily since I was using my water powers to detect them. They never took off whatever made them seem invisible and they blended in with the golden mountain and basically everything. They said it was suppose to help me see them if I just go with it. I had had to end the fight quickly because of that. So the first chance I got, I took it.

At the moment I was doing the warm up with my trainer, Aurum. Each day I would warm up with a spar, something I almost always lost in the beginning because I did not want to tire myself before the actual workout began. Something my trainer quickly rectified. Now it is an equal amounts of wins and losses.

After the warm up, we'd do a quick lesson on camouflage and then they would have me train with different weapons for the rest of the day. I would first do the sword for practice-I did not want to get rusty- then onto the knives, crossbow and ninja stars. In the last hours of the day, they would try to teach me how to see them with out my water powers. Needless to say, my training here was the hardest I have ever gone through even with Chiron as my teacher.

I struggled seeing the Golden ninjas with out my powers. I would see flashes of movement at times but other than that nothing. Not even a shadow. I just could not focus enough.

I stood up shakily, rubbing my back from my fall. The moves the ninjas use are similar to the judo flips and martial arts Annabeth used. It threw me off sometimes as things that reminded me of her always did at a certain time each year.

"Come, godling, you are better than this," my trainer said, standing over me. "I know, I have seen it." He grabbed my hand since I could not see it if he just held it out and pulled me up.

"I am sorry, Aurum, I can not focus," I told him, growing in my frustration.

"Fire Lord, that is your excuse during the training at the end of the day, what is wrong?" He asked respectfully but firmly.

"I do not know," I groaned, grabbing at my hair. Then a thought occurred to me. I looked up to where I assumed he was, my eyes wide with panic. "What is the date?"

I assumed Aurum looked confused. "Why? What does that have to do with anything?" He asked.

"Just tell me," I said, my voice rising. I wiped at the cold sweat that broke out on my forehead.

"I believe it is August 17th," he told me, touching my forehead. "What is wrong, godling?"

August? Already? I thought. "No, no, no, it can't be, I-I'm not ready," I said aloud.

"Fire Lord?" Aurum asked hesitantly. I looked at him, my breathing escalated, I had to feel something stable. "Fire Lord?" he asked again. Immediately, I reached up towards his voice and held his arm, gripping it tightly.