Quest

Previously:
"Fire Lord, some people have been asking for you," Toll said hesitantly.

"Are they the bird people?"

"No, they are all sorts of people," Toll said. "There are demigods, a G-golden Ninja and a werewolf-female with a mate." He stuttered on the Golden Ninja one understandably, most are afraid of them.

I smiled to myself. "If you see them again, send them to Pomeacus," I told him. "I will meet them there."

"Alright, Fire Lord," Toll said as we came to a stop at Depredate. "I'll see you then, maybe."

"Your lack of faith is disturbing," I said, looking at him weird.

"I have a right and you know it," Toll said defensively. "Every time I see you now, you are either running from something or hurting yourself as you climb on the bus."

I winced, remembering my failed jump from my rock on Isi. I think I still have the bump.

As I stepped down from the bus, waving good bye to Toll, my mind went back to the prophesy. I could see that part of it already came true. I suppose that means that it is time for me to ready myself to go to Pomeacus.

Golden Shadow, demigod and wolf track your travels.

On my first night on Depredate, I figured out that this planet had a similar quality as the Planet of the Moon; every creature here had a humanoid figure. The only difference is, they could change forms when ever they want and the full moon had no affect.  The planet consisted mostly of desert and very little water. When I was approaching on Toll's bus, I could see the large pieces of land broken up by large lakes and rivers. Fortunately Toll dropped me off by a river so I did not have to worry about that.

When Toll dropped me off, it was the middle of the day and he informed me that the nearest town is ten miles north. The bus does not stop at normal stations, instead, it normally stops in the middle of nowhere.

My first night was spent in my wolf form, in the hollow of a tree. I had planned on spending the entire night there but of course my plans never turn out right.

The first sign of warning was the smell. With my enhanced smell, I could tell there were three distinct beings traveling in my direction. Then was the noise. I could tell they were not too experienced with camping because judging from the noise they made, they were more than four miles out. Still quite a ways out of earshot even with my werewolf hearing and yet I could hear them perfectly fine.

I silently crept out of my spot and stalked over to where I heard the voices. Using the darkness as a cover, I slunk over to their campsite, staying close to the ground. The wind was blowing my way, fortunately, seeing as there was a wolf in their midst. A large round form surrounded him and the camp fire they somehow built. I could see a small bird nestled gently on the wolf's head. They seemed to be talking somehow and while I was trying to see how, I stepped on a twig as I stepped unconsciously forward, causing them to stop their conversation.

The large round form that surrounded them started moving suddenly and the wolf stood up, his ears pointed in my direction.

"Did you hear that?" the wolf asked in a loud whisper.

"Shut up, Pax! Now they know we know they are there," a hissing voice said.