Call to Arms

Previously:
"Perseus, care to explain the new planet covered completely in water now orbiting Pomeacus?" He demanded.

"Perseus, Alke, there are people right outside the gates," Elpis said suddenly. Her eyes were staring straight ahead and Alke knew she was using her powers over the protections of the castle.

Bothe Perseus and Alke moved to their nearest window to see lanterns lighting up the angry faces of 'Lord Atlas'' men. They shared a quick glance.

"Or now is good too," Perseus said seriously.

I sat back in my seat, we had wasted no time once we learned that this 'Atlas' was attacking. I'm going to be old fashioned and say that we hastened to the throne room and I now sat on the coveted throne of my great-too-many-times grand father. It was a lot more ornate than I expected since Alke and Elpis have all said he was very much like me. Considering I hated overly decorated objects, one would think he did too and limited the amount of sparkly jewels that were put on this thing. The throne is suppose to glow when I say my oath for Styx's sakes! How blinding this is going to be.

"Alright, everyone ready?" I said, shifting uncomfortable in the hard throne.

"Yes, Lord Perseus," Alke said, bowing slightly.

I glared at him but ignored the unnecessary formality. "Then let's get this over with," I sat straighter in my seat, facing forward, listening to the pounding of the doors as Atlas' men continued trying to take the doors down. "Let them in."

Mason and Alexis opened the doors and at the same time, the men and the tree trunk they were carrying fell in.

"Welcome to the throne room of Lord Perseus, soon to be Primordial," Grover said, walking up to the attackers. I could feel his nervousness and prayed to any god that could hear me for him not to mess this up. "If you would just take a seat, we will get started."

I looked first to Elpis to the right of my throne then Alke on the left. "Are you guys totally up for this?" I asked. "Because I know you'd have to give up your titles and that might drain you and then you'd be out of the fight if there is one and I'm not sure I'd be able to-"

"Perseus," Elpis interrupted softly. I shut up immediately.

"Don't worry about us," Alke smirked, "you're not having second thoughts because you think we'll be hurt are you?"

"Yes," I said, going back to staring straight ahead. "You're my friends."

"What is the meaning of this?" 'Atlas' demanded as he was ushered into a seat by Tyler. The scum bag wore a mask and a deep hood, hiding his eyes and the top of his head. He seemed to like the color black and he had no weapon visible on him. "You have no right to be in that throne, you are not Primordial of this world!"

I narrowed my eyes. That voice sounded too familiar to be coincidence. Before I could place it, Thalia appeared out of nowhere with Alexis by her side.

"Shut up and sit down," she hissed as Alexis growled. "You are about to witness the coronation of Heir Perseus, son of Hestia and Poseidon, who are great great grandchildren to one Primordial Pelagius."

"What?" 'Atlas' demanded as he was shoved down by Alexis.

"You heard me," Thalia said, turning her glare onto a guy who thought he could get the jump on her while she was distracted. "Now, sit."