Home

Previously:
"Did I hear you had rescued my mother?" I asked Leo.

"If you mean Hestia, then yes," now this was someone I'd not expected.

"Reyna?" I smiled. "How are you doing praetor?"

Her lips twitched. "Better now that you're here," she said. "Now we have a chance against Despair and Sorrow."

I shook my head. "We won't have that until my friend gets here," I said, "and even then it might not work,"

They were silent for a minute then the blond guy spoke up. "So who are these people?"

I didn't know how it happened. One second I was looking around the room, the next, I was staring into her eyes. I barely registered the guy's question. Contrary to cliché belief, I did not see twinkling and felt no mesmerized sensation here I floated above the clouds. No, instead, her eyes were never ending pits of amber and I couldn't look away. They were like a flaming inferno, the flames swallowing me up. My eyes were frozen, locked on hers, as if some supernatural power were compelling me to. The strange thing was though, I didn't mind.

I could look into her eyes forever.

"Perseus?" The question seemed foggy, slowly getting more clear as I was coming out of what ever trance I was in. "Perseus." It was Elpis, the very same woman I was staring into the eyes of. "Answer the man's question," she smirked. She must know what she was doing to me. I could hardly think straight.

(AN: do you all want a chapter in Elpis' POV?)

"Right," I said, my face burning as I looked down at the floor then at the guy who asked who my friends were. I glanced at Piper for a minuscule second and started fidgeting when I saw her look at Elpis then at me suspiciously.

"This is Elpis, Primordial of Hope," I pointed to my short haired, amber eyed distraction. "Thalia, daughter of Zeus," she and Tyler were still wearing the outfit she'd gained on Pomeacus, "Tyler Clarkson, son of Athena," the tall blond boy gave a wave, "Alexis and Mason, werewolves of the Planet of the Moon," the two dark skinned wolves gave a nod, Alexis being more smily about it, "Grover Underwood, saytr from Earth," I pointed to the munching goat who gave a small wave, "and Shadow, of the Planet of the Golden Shadows." Shadow waved as well, albeit more enthusiastically than the others.

"You don't look like aliens," Leo commented from my side.

"Leo!" Piper scolded, punching him in the arm. "You don't say things like that!"

"Why not?" Leo protested.

"Anyways, we're glad you're all here," Reyna said before Leo could say anything more.

"Are we?" The same guy who insulted my mother and Aphrodite challenged. "For all we know, they could be here to take over just like Despair and Sorrow. Or sell us out to the monsters."

"Why would I do that?" I demanded, too confused to be offended.

"You tell me!" The guy exclaimed, going red in the face. He reminded me of Octavian.

"Well- I-what-" I turned to look around the room, finally noticing the other's confused faces. "That's why I asked you because I have no clue why I would betray my family to beings like Despair and Sorrow."

"Well-"

"Stop talking, Austin," Piper put her head in her hands. "Just...stop."

"But-"