The Planet of the Golden Shadows Part 3

Previously:
I reached out to grab his shoulders, searching blindly in the golden cave. I breathed a sigh of relief wen he grabbed my hand. "My memory curse," I told him, "You know what that is?"

He pat my hand assuredly. "You are forced to relived all your worst memories, every year on the same date," he recited sadly.

I nodded. "Every year," I repeated, "And they grow as my life progresses and I gain new ones." I could feel the suspense in the room. I could tell some of the younger ones were impatient for me to reveal my point. I took a deep breath. "Normally, it only lasts a day."

There were a few murmurings at that and the tension in the room rose exponentially.

"Oh, my boy," Dominick said, pulling me in closer for a hug.

I pushed away. "I do not need pity," I said bitterly, "I need a way to break this curse."

"And you will find it," he said, bringing me back in. "And those who did it to you will pay for it."

That calmed me some and I allowed the ninja holding me to continue doing so. I savored the feeling. I have not felt this sort of security in a long time and I missed it.

Eventually, we both pulled away. "Let us go," Dominick said. "You have much yet to learn. Blaine, I want you and Nia researching as much as you can about this curse on Fire Lord. Tell me as soon as you find something. Have some of your friends help you."

"Fire Lord! Fire Lord!" A voice called. I turned to look and saw a vague shape. I've been able to see blurry, humanoid shapes of the ninjas ever since my time down memory lane. Every time I close my eyes though, I still see those flashes of color that distract me. It is kind of hard to fall asleep when it is going on too, it keeps me up when I am trying to sleep.

"What is it, Shadow?" I asked, momentarily looking away from the target I was suppose to be aiming at with my throwing knives, which resulted in me missing the bullseye. I'll have to work on that.

"Dominick needs you in the library," Shadow panted. I could see enough of him to see that he had raised a hand to wipe at some sweat off his brow. Shadow was a student of sorts. One of the many teens that train to be a Golden Ninja. He's at the stage where he just has to finish one last thing in his training then he'd be a full fledged ninja. Kind of like a padawan from Star Wars. He and I had hit it off really well when we started training together. He has yet to master the crossbow but he was a prodigy with the camouflage thing the Gold Ninjas do.

"Alright," I told him, "I will be there in a second, I just need to clean up."

"I will do that Fire Lord, Dominick seemed urgent," Shadow said, taking the training knives from me.

I nodded gratefully at him and made my way to the library. Dominick had joined Blain and Nia in the library to find a cure for my curse. As did several others. I had not realized how many people cared for me here. The thing is, they all decided to help on their own. Dominick had nothing to do with all the help in there. I'm surprised at their patience though. I had helped in there for the first few weeks before they finally had enough of my ADHD antics and kicked me out to train. They've been at it for months since then.

Once I got to the library, I saw a lot of vague, golden shapes surrounding a golden table and a book that looked really old.

"What's going on, guys?" I asked, walking up to the table since that was where most of the whispers were coming from.

"Fire Lord!" Blaine's voices exclaimed. All of the gold humanoid shapes turned to look at me, he sounded excited. His voice wen up and it sounded a lot happier than the last times it has sounded when ever I come be to visit. "I think we have found it! I may have found a way for you to heal from your curse!"