Cupid's Bow

Monica

"Queen! Have you seen my credit card?" I asked emptying my purse on my bed.

"Nope." She answered.

"Damn." I said sighing. For some reason they are suddenly coming up missing. I ran my hands through my hair and realized it was six in the afternoon. Time to pick up Miracle.

She did officially move in with King and Rosetta. I didn't want her to, but it was her choice.

"Make sure you're packed for the cruise. We leave in the morning." I informed Queen while jogging down the steps.

I slipped on some shoes and got in my vehicle. I drove about five minutes away and made it to the place of residence where King lived.

I rung the doorbell and King answered with a glass in his hand.

"Damn you're a hour late." He let me inside.

"Sorry I was busy and wasn't monitoring the time."

He had music playing throughout the house and food cooking on the stove.

"Is Rosetta home?" I asked curious.

"Nah she stepped out."

"Then who cooked this food?"

"Me. What ya trying to say? I can't cook or something?" He chuckled and I laughed.

"I mean you aren't the best."

"Yea yea."

"Where is my daughter?"

"Upstairs sleep."

I was just about to walk up the steps until King stopped me.

"Nah don't wake her up yet. Let her sleep. You don't have a couple minutes to chill?"

He poured me a glass and turned up the music.

"You must be drunk?" I laughed.

"No Mo. We can't just have one civilized conversation?" He handed me the glass full of Hennessy. "We're co parenting. I have no choice but to talk to you anyways."

Even though it might just been the liquor taking over I like this side of King. He isn't bringing up old shit or on my ass about past decisions.

"This use to be your favorite song." King turned up the music.

"Oh yea. I use to loveee this song." I said taking a sip of the drink. It was a song called you're the one for me that I use to sing almost everyday.

King started to sing it while dancing around me.

"I don't believe we were put together. Not to be together." He sang. "Go ahead finish it."

I giggled. "And I don't believe there's anyone out there that can love me better."

King took a sip. "I don't believe that you know how much I miss seeing your pretty smile." King touched my face but continued singing. "Of course we had our ups and downs, but I gotta have you around me." King grabbed my waist. "You're the one for me."

I stepped back as soon as the front door opened.

Rosetta walked in and sat her purse on the counter. She went and turned the music off.

"I think you stayed long enough." She looked at me.

I sat my glass down on the table. "Miracle!" I yelled. "Let's go baby!"

I walked over to the door. "I'll uh... see you tomorrow afternoon."

"Alright." King stuck his hands in his pockets.