Black Mail

(Rosetta)

Monica

My hand pressed against my steering wheel repeatedly as I was blowing my horn. I was waiting for Miracle to come out of her friends house.

She finally came outside and got into the truck.

"Took you awhile granny." I told her.

"You can't call anybody granny." She said looking at me.

I was still in my pajamas and my hair was wrapped up. I laughed making a U-turn out the neighborhood.

"Did you have fun?" I asked her.

"Yea. Did you have fun at dad's party?" She questioned.

I licked my lips. "Yup."

"Spill the tea."

"What tea? It was just a party. I ate a couple of things, had something to drink, then left." I told her leaving out a part.

"And that's all...?" Miracle asked raising an eyebrow.

"Well... King and I sort of kissed."

"OMG!? I knew it! I knew you still loved him ma!"

"Well duh."

Soon after the kiss I told King that I needed to be getting home. I'm not going to lie I enjoyed it but I knew I was wrong. I shouldn't have kissed him back knowing that he was with Rosetta. But Rosetta basically set herself up for failure knowing that King still had some type of love for me. What did she expect?

"So what are you and dad going to do now?" She asked.

"Nothing. We're just parents, nothing more, nothing less."

"But y'all kissed."

"It was just an I miss you type of kiss. Not that serious Miracle." I reassured her pulling into our driveway.

"Mhm okay. Does Rosetta know?"

"No. And if she does I don't give a damn."

King made it clear that he obviously loves me and if he still is with Rosetta after what happened last night he's a fool.

King

The feeling of hot boiling water being poured on my chest caused me to instantly wake up.

I jumped out the bed and saw Rosetta standing there.

"Rose what the hell is wrong with you!" I yelled at her.

"Good morning Kingston." She said with a smile.

"You just poured water on me and now you're saying good morning!?" I fussed while making my way into the bathroom.

I started the shower and stepped in.

"How did you sleep?" Rosetta said at the sink washing her face.

"I was sleeping good until you decided to burn the shit outta' me." I told her putting my face under the shower water.

"Mmmm. Did you dream about Mo by any chance?"

I furrowed my eyebrows. "No. Why would I?"

She pulled the shower door open. "Be honest with King, do you still love her?"

"Nah. I'm tired of repeating myself." I turned the shower off and stepped out wrapping a towel around my waist.

"And I'm tired of seeing you constantly around her! Why the hell did you let her kiss you last night!" Rosetta yelled.