Rat

Monica

"Monica!" Someone shouted waking me up.

I jumped up and looked around and saw I was in the hospital waiting room. King stood in front of me.

"Nigga! What!?" I said trying to catch my breath.

He snatched me up by my arm and pulled me into an area where no one was.

"Dorian is dead and Morgan is about to go to prison." He said with his jaw clenched.

"I care because?"

"Did you do it?" King asked.

"Does it look like I did?" I said with a straight face looking at him with my arms folded. "As much as I wanted to body Dorian's ass. I didn't." I told him and went to sit back down.

King bent down. "Mo you're the only person that could have." He whispered.

"I have been here all night Kingston."

"Where did you go after you left the hospital yesterday?" He questioned.

"Unless you're a cop I ain't answering shit. I know what I do, and I know what I don't do." I told him rolling my eyes. "Besides, didn't you say Morgan got arrested?"

King sighed. "Yea."

"Okay then. Case closed." I dusted my hands. "Why are you stressing about it anyways?"

"Because it's Rosetta. Of course she thinks you did the shit." He paced.

"Well I didn't. So relax your nerves and go to sleep. It's like what? 1 a.m?"

"Your right." He took a seat next to me. "I guess I'll spend the night here."
*

*

*

Rosetta

The automatic doors opened as I stepped inside Emory hospital.

I pressed the elevator button.

"Elevators don't work after twelve." A nurse informed me. "Take the stairs." She said flipping through a magazine with her feet propped up.

I rolled my eyes and took my heels off and climbed all five flights of stairs. As soon as I made it too the fifth floor I saw King and Monica asleep in the waiting room.

"Ain't this some shit." I said standing in from of them. I shook my head at King. I'll handle they asses later.

I found the room I needed and walked in without knocking.

"Who's there." Queen said startled.

"It's me." I sat my purse down in the chair.

"Who are-"

"Q you can drop the act. Nurses aren't patrolling the hall." I told her.

"Finally." She said. "Do you know how hard it is to pretend you don't remember shit."

I laughed.