And Then There Was One

Monica

"Do you want tea, soda, lemonade?" Dorian asked.

"Lemonade sounds refreshing." I smiled sitting down on the couch. I looked around and the apartment. It was quite empty.

"It's pretty empty in here." I told her.

"Yea I know. Morgan and I are only living here for a month. So no need to decorate." She placed the glass of lemonade in front of me.

I didn't dare drink it. No telling what she put in there.

"So...." I said feeling uncomfortable. "How's your son?"

Her smiled left and she became stiff. "He's fine."

"When is the last time you spoke to him?" I said with a raised eyebrow.

"Does it matter?"

"I mean... you aren't worried about your child?"

"You shouldn't be either Mo."

"He is kind of my nephew. Since Nick was my brother."

Dorian rolled her eyes and I could tell it bugged her that I was bringing up her deceased husband.

"I didn't invite you over here to talk about me. Let's talk about you."

"Okay. Let's talk about me." I crossed my legs flipping my hair. "Since you don't want to talk about your son that YOU should be taking care of. You shouldn't even be here Dorian."

Dorian bit her bottom lip and stirred the ice in her cup. "How about we talk about that fake ass apology you gave at the cruise? You really believe I bought that shit?"

I laughed. "I'm glad you didn't. And you're right. It was fake. Just like you! Do you think I would ever be friends with you again? You switched to the other side. And let's not forget I made you. Who was the one that got you another job after you stopped stripping? ME! I was the best friend you could ever have."

I saw her hand reach behind her pillow and I took this as the opportunity to reach inside my purse.

She pulled out her gun and I did as well.

"I guess we had the same thought." I stood up from the couch taking the gun off safety. She did the same.

"I guess we did." She gulped with her hands shaking. "You know Mo, I didn't want it to come to this. I was down for you-

"Shut the fuck. You was never down for me! You couldn't even support my decisions." We started to make circles around each other. "You met Rosetta and all of sudden y'all are pals. You seriously turned your back on me for someone you just met?"

"I did! I see it obviously offended you."

"It sure did." I stopped walking.

"Well what now Mo! Two guns. Two people. One of us has to go."

I was just about to pull the trigger until she knocked the gun out of my hands. She shot at me but missed. There were bullet holes all in the walls. I grabbed a near by chair and threw it across the room which hit her and caused her to drop the gun.

I tried to go for it but she pulled the back of my hair and drug me back. It was like some lifetime movie type of stuff.

"Let me go!" I yelled scratching at her hands. She tried to go for the other gun but I kicked her and had a good grip on the back of her shirt. She punched me right in the mouth.