All Falls Down

Monica

Early this morning the hospital called and informed that Miracle woke up and was fully alert.

As soon as I got that phone call I instantly left the house. When I arrived I parked my truck and jumped out.

I sprinted inside rushing to the elevator. When I got inside I repeatedly pressed the number four trying to make it close faster.

It finally closed and took me up to the floor that I needed. The doors slid open and I raced to Miracle's room feeling all type of emotions run through my body.

"Where is my mom!" I heard her yell.

"She is on her way sweetie. Relax." A nurse fanned her.

I dropped my purse and ran over to her in tears. "I'm right here baby."

"MAMA!" She shrieked as I wrapped my arms around her hugging her tightly not wanting to let her go.

This felt unreal. I'm so glad I didn't lose hope and her.

I kissed all over her face then wiped my tears. "I missed you so much." I smiled. "How do you feel?" I asked grabbing her face.

"Hungry. And sleepy." She said then the doctor butted in.

"Yea. She is dehydrated and weak. I prefer for her to stay just one more day considering this is her first time opening her eyes in two weeks, but if you would like to take her home-"

"Yes I want her to come home today." I said quickly. I didn't want her to spend another day in here if she didn't have to.

As the doctor filled out the release forms I called King.

"Hello?" His voice cracked which means I woke him up.

"Guess what?"

"It's eight in the morning and you talking about some guess what?"

I laughed and wiped a tear. "Miracle is awake."

"For real?"

"Yea." I said smiling from ear to ear.

"Alright. I'm on my way-"

"No need. We are going home in a couple minutes."

"Are you sure that's the best thing to do?"

"Yes King. I want her home with me where I know she's safe."

"Alright. Bring her by my crib. I wanna see my baby girl."

"I will." I hung up and placed my phone back into my bag.

"Miracle is all set to go." The doctor said handing me some papers. "I gave her a prescription for some pain killers. You can pick that up at your local drug store."

"Thank you so much doc."

"No problem. Just doing my job." He gave me a smile.

The nurse had put Miracle in a wheel chair and wheeled her out the hospital since she was too weak to walk.

We placed her gently into the passenger seat. I thanked the nurse and got back into the drivers seat.