Tick...Tick...BOOM

Monica

King popped open a bottle of champagne and it spilled all over the kitchen floor.

"Seriously." I said wiping it up with a paper towel.

He chuckled. "This is to making it out of there." We clinked glasses.

I smiled. "I don't think I would have if it wasn't for Morgan."

"I can't believe she did that. She a real one."

"Yup." I took a sip and put my glass down.

King's phone vibrated then he sighed putting the phone up to his ear. "Yea Rose?"

I sipped on the champagne watching him as he had a conversation with Rosetta.

"I'm busy right now. I'll be home in a minute." King hung up in her face.

"Sorry about that." He tucked his phone okay.

"Oh it's alright. You should head home now."

"Nah-" King said.

"Go King." I laughed a little. "Rosetta is waiting for you."

He smacked his lips and grabbed his keys. "Yea yea."

"See ya later. Thanks again, for everything."

"No need to thank me ma." He pulled me into a hug and kissed my forehead lightly before leaving.

I hate the fact that he still continues to be with Rosetta knowing he doesn't have any type of love for her. And I hate the fact that she's got him trapped.

I watched as King drove out of my driveway and out of the neighborhood.

I closed the front door and locked it. To pass some time I washed the little dishes that were in the sink and vacuumed all the carpets downstairs.

The time was three in the evening. I jumped on the couch bored out of my mind. Miracle always keeps me company but since she isn't here the house is so cold and lonely.

As I sat on my plush sofa I thought about what happened today. It still feels unreal that Morgan stepped up to the plate and took the blame for me.

I really need to see her and give her a proper thank you. I got off the couch grabbing my purse and keys.

I hopped inside my truck and started driving to the prison that held Morg.

It took me about thirty minutes to arrive at my destination. When I did, I got out of my vehicle and walked inside to see two women sitting at the desk stuffing there faces with glazed donuts.

"Can I help you?" One of them asked licking their fingers.

"Hi. I'm here to visit Morgan Garciá."

"She isn't allowed to have visitors until two weeks." The other women announced.

"But I just want to speak with her. It won't even take that long-"