Taking One For The Team

(Rosetta)

Monica

My nails tapped on the table as I waited for King. I was currently sitting at a table in a local Starbucks. He is suppose to meet me here to talk.

I had on black shades and a all black outfit with red bottoms.

A couple minutes later I saw King entering the building.

"Hey Mo." He said then took a seat in front of me.

"You're about thirty minutes late." I took a sip of my caramel frappé.

"I know. Traffic."

"Yea yea."

"So wassup?" He took my coffee and drank from it. Then he had the audacity to give it back.

I rolled my eyes. "Wassup? Is this." I slid the court papers over to him.

King read over them quickly. "The hell? Who turned your name in?"

"Your lovely fiancé." I said exaggerating.

He sighed. "Mo I'm really sorry she got you caught up into this shit."

I sighed as well.

"I mean you say you didn't do it so when you go on that stand tomorrow just let the judge know you're innocent." He said. "You are innocent right?"

I swallowed hard. "Yea." I looked down at my hands.

"Alright mistake number one. If you're gonna lie you can't be sweating and shit. Look guilty as hell." King said then chuckled. "Come on now baby. I'm not dumb. You did it."

I felt my cheeks get hot.

King grabbed my hand. "It's alright Mo. Imma help you get out this mess. Imma coach you all tonight if that's what it takes." He kissed my hand.

I smiled a little then gave him the biggest hug.

Since King has been to court multiple of times he is the person to go to for help in this situation. If he coaches me on what to say and what not to say I could walk out that court room without cuffs on my wrist and shackles on my ankles. Hope this all goes well.
*

*

*

Morning

Trial

Monica

"Monica where were you the day of the incident?" King asked as I brushed my teeth. He was pretending to be the judge.

We had been practicing all night long.

"Home." I answered rinsing my mouth out.

"And that's all you gotta say. He can't prove if you were at home or not."

I brushed my hair and ran a flat iron down it making it straight. "I really do appreciate this King."

"No problem." He kissed my cheek.

I blushed and applied red lipstick to my juicy lips.

"You ready?" I asked.

"I'm not going." King said.