August 7 | 18:00

This time, Jimin wasn't unfamiliar; this time, it wasn't introductions; this time it wasn't like he was dipping his feet into the water to test out the temperature;

this time, he knew; he knew the sound too well, his heart learned it like learning his first footsteps; he knew the temperature, having learned how to swim in the sound already;

he wasn't lost anymore.

Every note he knew like his fingers. Every C, every A sharp, every D flat- the moment he'd hear the name, he could taste the sound like he'd known it since birth.

His fingers moving on the keys like he was walking in a house he'd lived in for his whole-life, his eyes were closed, knowing exactly where each key was and each sound it made.

"Jimin," he heard and just then, he snapped open his eyes as his hands stopped pressing the keys. Looking over his shoulder, his heart soaring, he met his eyes with Yoongi's, who was giving him a smile.

"Hello, hyung," Jimin greeted, a giddy feeling in his chest. Shifting over on the bench, he could hear Yoongi greet back.

Sitting down next to the blonde boy, Yoongi hummed, thinking of what to do for the lesson. He'd already taught him all the notes, all the finger exercises, all the terms he needed to know, the boy having learned every one of those in just less than two weeks after Yoongi introduced them.

Then, he decided, huffing out a puff of breath before he set his fingers on the keys.

"Listen carefully, okay? I'll play it twice," Yoongi spoke, "And, also, close your eyes."

Nodding, Jimin did as he was told, listening carefully to whatever was next to come.

Carefully picking out the sounds in his head, Yoongi induced a simple melody on the spot. It only lasted a few bars, wanting the process to not be rushed. After stopping the first time, he whispered, "Again," before playing it again.

Opening his eyes as Yoongi stopped the second time, Jimin played out the song in his head, already wanting to hum it out loud.

"Now," Yoongi started, eyes going over to Jimin as he placed his hands on his own thighs. "Play it."

Letting out a breath, Jimin traced his fingers, and without even thinking, he pressed down the first note he'd heard, then the second, and soon, he was playing the melody like it was his first language.

Yoongi just watched Jimin, completely in awe, jaw slightly slacked down. He swore that Jimin was a literal superhuman. It had taken Yoongi ages just to get the notes down, and here was Jimin who just got introduced to a piano properly around two months ago.

When Jimin was done, he glanced over to Yoongi, grinning. "Is that right?"

Yoongi just stared for a second, before clearing his throat and averting his gaze down to the piano keys. "Um, yeah. That was perfect. Amazing, like always. You're learning fast, Jimin. Doing great."

The smile on Jimin's face made Yoongi feel like he'd seen Heaven, almost. Heart hammering and cheeks flushing, Yoongi said. "Let's do another one. You're progressing very fast. I'm proud of you."

Jimin's heart soared at Yoongi's words, happiness dancing in his chest. He nodded, not being able to get his bright smile off his face.

"Okay, hyung."

-
Okay I know I said no author notes until the absolute end but I had to share something so accurate with this fic (even the hair color!)

-Okay I know I said no author notes until the absolute end but I had to share something so accurate with this fic (even the hair color!)