January 09 | 18:11

"Okay, Jimin. Today's the same as yesterday. Do the exercises."

Jimin retracts his hands from the keys and turns around to look at the standing Yoongi – as the elder has no role today, he had announced – a scary look in his eyes.

"Hyung," he starts, voice low and threatening.

Yoongi, taken aback, widens his eyes a little, gulping before he answers. "Yeah?"

A scowl forms on Jimin's face, scaring Yoongi little; this is the first time he's seeing Jimin get angry.

"I..." he starts, then strongly continues, "No. We're doing what I want."

Yoongi stares for a bit, still a little shocked at the little aggressive outburst, then heaves a sigh, stepping towards Jimin to pat his shoulder lightly. "But, you have to. You just need to practice them, we'll only give them fifteen minutes after tomorrow–"

"No!" The loud objection made Yoongi jump; he's actually getting terrified of angry Jimin, but he hopes he'd be able to make the other understand.

"Hyung," Jimin says again, eyes sharply looking into Yoongi's. He drops the scowl and harbors an adorable little pout. "I practiced all night yesterday until midnight, and the whole day today! I want to learn something!"

Yoongi's jaw slacks. "What?" He almost insanely recovered – heart warming a lot at the attitude Jimin has towards learning the piano.

"You heard me!" Jimin huffs, crossing his arms.

A wide smile uncontrollably appears on Yoongi's face as he chuckles a little. "Alright, then. Show me once more, the hardest one I taught you from yesterday. Then, as long as you practice separately too, we won't do any in class until we learn new ones, how's that sound?"

The reaction is immediate, the radiating smile on Jimin's face appearing – Yoongi almost mistaking him for the role of the main source of light in the room.

Without another word, Jimin swiftly gets into position and confidently plays, finesse in every note and movement. When he finishes, Yoongi thinks he's actually dreaming. Who the hell gets these down in a matter of a day? He can't help but think Jimin is some sort of superhuman, or a God in disguise.

"So?" Jimin asks, eyes sparkling brightly in anticipation.

A defeated, yet proud, smile on Yoongi's lips, he sits down next to Jimin on the bench like usual times.

"Alright, what do you want to learn?"

Face almost exploding off of a smile, Jimin's heart thrums in excitement– he can finally get started on the whole grand scheme of Yoongi's birthday present. So, he answers, with a sure and unmoving voice.

"Composition."