Missing U

Hey guys! Just a quick note before this chapter: I ENTERED THIS BOOK IN THE WATTYS 2017!! This is my first time participating in the Wattys and I'm really excited! Alright, on with the chapter!

Two years. It's been two years since the event unfolded. The event that seemingly ruined your life. He left, and then he arrived. He stayed when he was gone. You fell in love again. Yet, even though you have love, you can't seem to forget his. Looking back on your relationship with him, it was glorious. That is, when he was around. He couldn't help it, of course, but you always felt lonely.

With this newfound love, you never felt lonely. He was always around, even when you didn't want him to be. It was a perfect relationship, but it wasn't special like your first. No, the first was something else; it was unlike the rest. Nobody could have had a relationship like it.

You sat there, staring out the window of a coffee shop.

"Hello.. (Y/N)? What're you looking at?" Asked Jae. You snapped out of your thoughts and looked over at him. You were thinking about him again, but you'd never tell Jae that.

"Oh, I saw a pretty bird, " you said, trying not to seem off. He looked at you as if he knew everything.

"I know there wasn't a bird out there that was worth staring at for five minutes. What's with you and zoning out lately?"

"I haven't been zoning out, Jae."

"Yes, you have! What's wrong, (Y/N)? Just tell me, I can help."

What could you tell him? That you were still hung up on your ex? No, not an option.

Standing up, you quickly walked out of the coffee shop. As soon as you made it home, you went upstairs and locked yourself in your bedroom. You opened your closet and took out a box, sifting through the photos and cards. These were things you just couldn't get rid of, so you hid them.

Through your tears, you quietly sang his song. Stigma was your calm song; only because it was his, though. Rocking yourself as you sang with his pictures in your arms, you eventually fell asleep.

Jae, whom you left at the coffee shop, opened the door and locked it. He made his way up the stairs to be greeted with a locked door. He put his ear up to the door and listened for any noise. After a minute, he decided that you were probably asleep and he didn't want to bother you.

He went back downstairs and laid on the couch, thinking about what could be bothering you. Unable to put his finger on it, he became frustrated. Then, it hit him.

"I bet it was that guy I told off, " he said to himself. It made sense. The guy messaging you seemed to know you a little too well. It did come off as if you two had a past.

Jae stood and paced around the room. There was obviously nothing he could do. Unless...

You woke up on the floor, surrounded by him. His pictures, writing, gifts. You quickly shoved everything back into the box and put it back into the closet. You looked in the mirror and fixed your appearance. You looked at the clock by the bed and saw that you were a few minutes late for work. Deciding you didn't need your phone today, you were quick to get dressed and run downstairs.

Jae was there to greet you with an unusually large smile.

"Hey, have a good day, " he said, giving you a peck on the lips. You smiled and thanked him as you walked out the door. As soon as Jae heard it lock, he rushed up the stairs. He entered the bedroom and looked around for anything out of the ordinary. He looked everywhere.

Finally, he saw something. On the floor, he saw the corner of a picture sticking out of the closet. He turned around and closed the bedroom door, locking it. He walked to the closet and bent down, pulling the picture out. It was a picture of you and some familiar-looking guy.

"What? Is that...?"

Opening the closet, he looked for the picture's home. After a few minutes of searching, a box fell off the shelf, it's contents falling out. He couldn't believe his eyes. You had so many pictures with this guy. He looked through each and every picture, then he started to read the letters.

"Kim Taehyung? Isn't that the name of...?" he stopped and gasped, realization hitting him. These few years, you were so obsessed with BTS. They were all you ever talked about, but Taehyung was talked about the most. All this time thinking it was just a fan-star crush, thinking he had nothing to worry about.

He was wrong, he had something to worry about. Unless... he could get rid of the threat.

You arrived home later that day. As you were walking closer to your door, you could smell smoke. Of course, since this was a town, you thought it wasn't out of the ordinary. Thought. As you step inside, you're greeted with a puff of smoke. You cough as tears form in your eyes. Standing there in front of a large fire was Jae. He had the box in his hands.

"NO!" You screeched just before he threw it to the flames. You began to sob as you fell to the ground. Jae walked past you and out the door, closing it. As the fire kept growing, the smoke continued to get worse and worse. You stood and tried to open the door.

You pushed and pushed on the door, but it wouldn't budge. You slid down the door and onto the ground, closing your eyes. You imagined Tae in front of you, smiling that beautiful smile. You imagined him hugging and kissing you like he used to. Then, with one final cough, you blacked out.

'Jagi... I love you.'

'I love you, Tae.'

'I'll never leave you. Please, don't leave me.'

'I won't, I promise.'