Growl means I Love You (Kyotani Kentaro x Reader)

Author's Note:
This guy deserves some love...  °^°

You blinked at your friend who growled at you. "I am perfectly aware Oikawa-san nicknamed you 'Mad Dog-chan' But stop acting like a dog, Ken." You scolded him.

He clicks his tongue and looks elsewhere. "Hey." You blocked his vision with a gentle expression on. "What?" He scowled. "Why do you keep growling? Since last month you started growling around me." You said with a confused face.

"Tsk..It's a secret!" He turns away from you. "Damn it Ken, Stop turning away from me!" You said in frustration. "Don't want to!" He growled, Again.

"Listen to me!" You growled back. Kyotani stopped turning away and you can see his slightly blushing face. Odd. But that's not the only odd thing, You had been wondering how did the two of you end up becoming friends when all you do is mostly scold him and he would just wave it off.

"Why the hell are you blushing?" You furrowed your brows in confusion. "No reason!" He yelled and took of running, leaving you there. You sighed and looked at your wristwatch, "Oh, Club activities." You skipped to the gym to watch your friend's practice match since you don't even have a club to attend to.

Once you reached the club, You go to the bleachers and sat down to watch your friend play. "(Name)-chan~!" Oikawa waved at you and you wave back. Unknown to you, Kyotani glared at him and mouthed, 'Get lost.' Oikawa shrugged and went back to warming up.

Not too long, The game started.

Iwaizumi was the one who served and the enemy got it. The enemy tried to spike it in but Hanamaki got it, Oikawa then positioned himself to set the ball, "Mad Dog-chan!" Kyotani ran to the ball, The enemy attempted to block but the ball went through, blowing the blocker back.

You cheered, "That's my friend! Great, great Ken! Push it, Push it, Ken! one more time!" You giggled and clapped your hands. Kyotani blushed, "Hehe, Mad Dog-chan is blushing~" Oikawa teased, "Leave him alone Trashykawa." Iwaizumi smacked Oikawa who complained.

Once Iwaizumi went to his spot, Oikawa whispered to Kyotani, "Trying to impress a certain girl eh~?" Kyotani furrowed his brows, "I don't know what you're talking about." Oikawa chuckled, "Don't hide it, You're trying to impress (Name)-chan after not being able to join the last few games. I can let you have the spotlight for now, if you want~"

Kyotani didn't replied as the referee signalled him to serve. Oikawa went to his spot while Kyotani took a deep breath and licked his lips as he caught the ball that was tossed to him. 'Don't mess it up, Don't mess it up..' You crossed your fingers in hope that he'll get it in.

"Nice serve!" Iwaizumi and Oikawa yelled. The referee blew his whistle and Kyotani tossed the ball in the air hit it, full force....

It went in.

A smile made it's way to your lips, Seems like your scolding paid off. The force was so strong the other team didn't get it. Seijoh cheered, Oikawa and Iwaizumi gave you a thumbs up as you grin to yourself. Yep, They knew you've been trying to discipline the 'Mad Dog.'

The first set went smooth but some of Kyotani's hits were outside making you sigh. The teams exchange sides. "Go, Seijoh!" You cheered along with the other students who were watching, mainly Oikawa's fangirls. "Iwa-chan!" Oikawa yelled as Iwaizumi dove for the ball. 'It's up!' Your mouth were slightly gaped when the libero set it to Oikawa who hit it with full force, giving Seijoh another point.

You pouted as you saw Kyotani frown. You hope he won't go reckless again. Oikawa served the ball to which the enemy received and spiked it but Seijoh's libero got it, "Mad Dog-chan!" The brunette yelled and soon, Kyotani ran in full pace and and hit it..It's out.

You let out a loud sigh in dissapointment. "Seriously Ken?!" You said in a frustrated manner. "Don't mind!" Iwaizumi said. The enemy served the ball and Seijoh received it but it went to the other team. Kyotani went to block the incoming attack but the enemy pushed through.

Now you're starting to worry. Two more rounds came out like this. You felt sorry for Kyotani as he was benched due to his reckless behaviour. "Ken!" You yelled as you went over to the bench. "What?!" He yelled.

"Damn it, Ken! Stop being so reckless!" You glared at him as you pushed him to the wall. "It's frustrating-" You cut him off, "Well, It's frustrating to see you being benched! So cool your damn ass so that you can get back to the game!"

"Can't." You ignored the stares of the other players in the bench as you grabbed his collar and pecked his lips. He blushed then growled. "What? You don't like it? It's a good luck kiss!" You blushed in embarassment. "N-no..I mean I like it But-"

"But what?" You puffed your cheeks, "Is it even really the right time that you did that?" You blushed in realization as the whole gym went silent, watching you both. How come you haven't realized It?

"I-I'll..Wait for you later..Good luck!" You ran back to the bleachers and soon the game started once again and Kyotani was brought back to the game.

~*~

The sound of the referee blowing the whistle was relieving as Seijoh won. "Kyaa~ Oikawa-sama so cool!" You scrunched up your nose and went to Kyotani, "Congrats." You smiled and congratulated him.

"..." No reply. He just stared at you. "Are you okay?" He growls. "What the heck Ken!" Kyotani coughs, "E-earlier..you kissed me.." The blush went back to your faces. "Yeah..And?" You tried to mask your embarassment but your shaky voice and body ruined it. "Does that mean you..like me?..I heard people kiss when they..love eachother."

You chuckled, "Yes. I love you, Dummy." He growled and hugged you rather roughly than he should. "Mind telling me why you keep growling?" He sighs and pulls away to face you,
"The problem is...It's kinda hard and a bit embarassing to say I love you in public and it frustrates me so I ended up growling.."

He expected you to make a 'what-the-fck?' face but instead you have sprakles in your eyes. "Aweee so cute!" You pinched his cheek earning a low growl. "Then...We can growl at eachother in public to say 'I love you'. How about that? Good enough for now?"

He nodded and growled.

"I love you."

You laughed and growled back.

"I love you too."