Baking (Baker!Iwaizumi x Oikawa)

Oikawa yawned, waving goodbye to his acquaintances and dragged his body to his favorite local bakery. It's been a long day and nothing helps him feel better than eating his beloved milk bread.

The thought of eating a scrumptious milk bread was enough to give him some energy as he made his way to the bakery while softly humming to himself. But guess it wasn't his luck today as he stopped in his tracks upon the bakery coming to his view.

A look of horror displayed on his face as he read the sign, 'closed.' He was so ready to drop to his knees and ask the gods why did this happen to him until a shorter tanned male passed him and stopped infront of the bakery door. "U-uhm.. Can't you see it says closed--" The quiet male glanced over his shoulder, making Oikawa stop talking. A click then caught Oikawa's attention further and to his surprise, the stranger was the one who managed to open it.

Oikawa slightly gaped, "B-by any chance, Are you the owner of this bakeshop?" He asked, trailing after the raven who went inside. "My family owns it. Pick what you want, pay for it and go." Oikawa noticed the guy didn't even flipped the sign into 'open' but he shrugged it off. 'Not a fan of socializing I guess.'

As Oikawa went to the section of breads, he wondered how come he haven't seen this guy or the older female who usually is at the counter. "Eh?" He squinted his eyes as he leaned into the plastic wrapped breads with label of their type.

"Where's the milk breads?!" He exclaimed rather too loud that the other male inside the kitchen heard him. "About the milk breads, I'm going to make them now." Oikawa's disappointed expression brightened up. "You can watch me do it." Oikawa only nodded in excitement, going inside the kitchen. "This is sudden but, What's your name?" The spiky-haired male opened a cabinet and pulled out two aprons.

"Iwaizumi Hajime. Just in case, put on this apron, your uniform might be dirtied." Oikawa nodded again, slipping on the apron and set his bag aside. "So, I come here at least once or twice a week and yet I haven't seen you around. Why is that?"

Iwaizumi grabbed some ingredients before answering, "I'm usually stuck here in the kitchen or at home so that makes sense. My mom usually is at the counter, attending to the customers so you must've seen her most of the time." Iwaizumi rolled up to his sleeves up to his shoulders, showing off his nice, vigorous biceps.

'Ooh, Lala~'

Oikawa had to bite his lip in order to prevent himself from blurting such a thought out. "Do you want to help out?" Iwaizumi asked, thinking Oikawa might be getting bored and was looking at the mixture he was making and not at his biceps. "U-uh yeah!" Oikawa rolled his sleeves and took over, getting some instructions from Iwaizumi.

"Iwa-chan, Can I call you that?" He received a chuckle from behind and a quick agreement which was a good sign to him that this person may be warming up to him. "I'm just wondering, Were you always have been the one to bake all of the milk breads here?"

"Yeah. They're what I love doing the most." Iwaizumi replied with a small smile as he started to make the dough. Oikawa could feel himself heat up from seeing Iwaizumi's smile, even if it's not very visible, He thought it suited the tanned man very much.

"I-I love your milk breads so much!" Oikawa realized that sounded like a confession but what grabbed his attention more is Iwaizumi finally making eye contact with him again and dang, Iwaizumi's eyes are gorgeous up close in Oikawa's point of view.

"Thanks. Put the mixture in the measuring cup near you. You can help me with the dough once that mixture cooled down." Both of them set aside the mixtures and washed their hands. Iwaizumi offered Oikawa a glass of water. "Thanks. I hope I'm not bothering you." The brunette said, taking a sip.

"Not at all, It's nice to have someone to talk to especially since I'm the only one running the bakery at the moment." The two exchanged common questions to get to know each other--also phone numbers until Iwaizumi told Oikawa it was time to work on the dough.

Iwaizumi seperated the dough into two, giving the other to Oikawa. When Iwaizumi took a small glance at Oikawa after a few moments, He chortled at the sight of Oikawa having a hard tine with his dough. This set Oikawa's cheeks on fire, "I-I'm--!" He was cutted off when Iwaizumi went behind him, his tanned hands guiding his white ones. "Do it like this and.." Oikawa spaced out, letting Iwaizumi do the work as he just enjoyed Iwaizumi's scent.

"Then we leave it be for an hour. Are you listening to me, Crappykawa?" That caught Oikawa's attention, "Wha?" Iwaizumi snickered at him, "Nothing. Do you want some refreshments? It's free." That's when Oikawa noticed Iwaizumi's warmth on his hands were gone. "Free? Hell yeah!"

~*~

After who knows how long, The milk breads were finally finished. Oikawa excitedly waited for Iwaizumi to pull out the breads and when he did, he grabbed a bread immediately, forgetting it was hot. "Owowow!hothothot!!" Luckily, The bread fell back into the clean surface. "You're such an idiot, pfft."

"Well in my defense, I've been waiting for it and It's hot. Okay?!"

"Like you?"

"Yeah, like me-WhA" Both made eye contact, red slowly painting their cheeks as they both felt hot.

"Y-you d-diD nOt heard what I just said, Okay Crappykawa?!"

"Why am I the one getting insulted now?!" The two exchanged screeching until they calmed down. "I just realized.. Why aren't there no customers other than you?"

"Probably because you're an idiot who forgot to flip the damn sign since we got in." Oikawa deadpanned. "What? Why didn't you tell me before?!"

Okay so let's skip their more lovely quarrels lmao

"See you around." Iwaizumi passed the paper bag containing the milk breads(the one's the brunette made) to Oikawa. "Are you sure you're giving them out to me for free? Damn. I should hang out here more often." Oikawa said in a half-joking way. "I wouldn't mind seeing you everyday though, Kusokawa."

"E-eh?!" Oikawa felt himself blush again despite the insulting nickname. "To help me with baking!! Shut up!" Iwaizumi slammed the bakery door in embarassment, causing Oikawa to blink then chuckle to himself. "I will definitely come back though."

Extended part for le Bday:

"There you are, Oikawa-kun! Hajime is waiting for you at the kitchen. Probably wants you to help him out with making his special milk breads." Hajime's mom winked, smiling at Oikawa. It has been quite a while since Oikawa kept going into the Iwaizumi bakeshop, not to mention his relationship with Hajime that he was allowed to go anywhere inside the bakery.

"Thank you, Iwaizumi-san~!" He hummed, pushing the kitchen doors until a confetti popped onto his face, making the brunette freeze. "Happy Birthday, Tooru." Blinking, He realized it was Iwaizumi who popped the confetti to his face AND was holding a freaking cake. Oikawa pouted, He can't get mad at Iwaizumi at all for popping paper sht at his face especially after receiving a quick kiss from him. "How can you be so mean and sweet at the same time?"

"Because you're adorable when you're irritated."

".. I hate you."

"I doubt it."

Bonus bc why tf not:

"Since it's your birthday, What do you want me to bake for you?"

"How about my love?"

"Are you suggesting I put you in the oven?"

"IWA-CHAN!"