Hanahaki Disease (KageHina)

Hinata ran to gym, screaming all the way. He passed through Kageyama who yelled, "Hinata Boke!" And ran after him. Not too long, The two reached the school gym, panting. "Hah. I won, Boke!" Kageyama smirked at Hinata.

Hinata scowled at him as they changed to their shirt and shorts. "Shut up. You're only ahead by a point, Kageyama!" The ravenette shrugged and left the room. Once he did, Hinata looked down to floor and coughed. Orange flower petals came out of his mouth. "Again.." He mumbled.

Hinata went to his locker and put the petals inside a bag. "Hinata! What's taking you so long?!" Kageyama yelled from the other side of the room. "Coming!" Hinata slammed his locker shut and ran out of the room, running to an annoyed Kageyama.

~*~

"Toss to me!" Hinata yelled and spiked the ball that Kageyama tossed to him, going through the space of the blocker's hands. Earning his team another point and won the match. "N-nice spike." Kageyama complimented the orange-haired male, still kinda struggling with his compliments.

But, That single compliment alone coming from Kageyama made Hinata's heart beat faster. Instead of thanking the said setter, Hinata teased him which earned him an insult from Kageyama and the two started fighting. Daichi clapped his hands, getting everyone's attention. "That's all for today. Clean up!" The team nodded and started to clean up.

~*~

"Bye! See you guys tomorrow!" Hinata and Kageyama waved at their senpais. Hinata fiddled with his hands as he gulped. He had been thinking of confessing to Kageyama, Hoping it can atleast makes changes to the one-sided love situation he's in.

He's all alone with Kageyama, Now's the perfect chance to confess to him. "Oi, Kageyama!" Hinata called out to the male who seemed deep in thoughts. "What?"

"Toss to me." Kageyama looks at the park near them before grinning cockily at Hinata. "Sure. You better be able to hit it though." Hinata scowled at him and got into a fighting stance. "Wanna fight?" Kageyama shrugged and walked past him.

The pair was at the entrance of the park when they saw Yamaguchi and Tsukishima, sitting together on a bench, not noticing them. "Oh geez, Nevermind. Stingyshima is here, I lost my energy. Maybe later when they're gone." Kageyama sighed. "Alright. But what do we do in the mean time?"

Hinata thought for a moment, before snapping his fingers once an idea came to him. "We can go get ice cream..?" Kageyama shrugged, "Whatever. As long as we can get distracted for now." Hinata nodded and lead the way to the ice cream parlor, not too far so that they can atleast see if the other Karasuno first years left.

Once they ordered their ice cream, They sat on a booth, occasionally glancing at at park and talking about random volleyball things. Silence soon came as the two continued eating their ice cream. "Kageyama." The ravenette stopped eating his ice cream and looked at Hinata.

"What?" Hinata averted his eyes for a second before looking back at him. "How do you feel when you're confessed to?" Kageyama's eyes squinted at him. "What? What's with that?" Hinata gulped and blushed. "Well...What if I confess to you?" Kageyama's eyes widens, "What did you just said?"

"I-I mean! What if Ai, our classmate, confessed to you?" Kageyama looks at him in a disinterested way as Hinata internally patted himself for a good save. "Reject her, ofcourse. I have no interest in her." That answer seemed so obvious to Kageyama that it made Hinata fear of the result of him confessing his love for Kageyama. "Kageyama. I have to tell you something." Hinata gathered all the courage he have. "I-"

"Look. Yamaguchi and Tsukishima just left. Let's go." Kageyama ate the last bit of his ice cream and grabbed his bag, making his way already to the park. "Wai-" Hinata dropped his ice cream as he felt himself throwing up. He ran to the trash and threw up orange flower petals.

"Hinata, boke!" Hinata felt Kageyama smack him, making him cough more petals. "Agh, Bakageyama!" Hinata turn around and punched Kageyama away. "Let's just go. Did you throw up the ice cream you ate? Geez, Careful what you eat."

Hinata's anger seemed to vanish and sighed. "Listen to me-" But instead of listening to Hinata, Kageyama turned around and walked to the park again. Hinata balled up his fists as he shook. "Kageyama!!!"

Ignored again.

Tears ran down his cheeks, He ran towards Kageyama and grabbed him by the shirt, pushing him to a tree. "I told you to listen to me.." Kageyama yelled insults at Hinata, trying to set himself free. "What the hell is your problem?!-" Hinata closed his eyes shut as he opened his mouth,

"I love you."

The two stopped, Kageyama's panting is the only thing that can be heard. "You..what?" Hinata looked up to the blue-eyed ravenette. "I love you, Kageyama." Tears ran down Hinata's cheeks with a faint blush. "I fear you were going to say that." Hinata's eyes went wide and froze in disbelief. Kageyama knows he was going to confess?

"W-what..?" Hinata pulled away from him. "I saw it, Hinata." Kageyama said, looking at Hinata. "The orange flower petals..At first I ignored it. I thought you were inlove with Yachi-san..until I finally put it together. I saw them almost everywhere you went, especially with me. I saw the scattered petals in practice and in the trash bin earlier. I'm sorry but, I'm simply not interested in love,"

"I don't love you."

Hinata stared at Kageyama, speechless. It's like his voice was gone. He could not talk or move at all.

Kageyama took a step.

Hinata did not move.

Another step..

Tears are running down Hinata's cheeks, not being able to keep it in.

Another step.

Hinata shut his eyes close, regretting what he just did. He opened his eyes and saw Kageyama was gone.

It's like his legs lost the ability to stand as he dropped to the ground. He just got rejected. He looks at the dark sky, What should he do now?

"It hurts so much..I don't like it."

Hinata threw up orange flower petals again.

~*~

Kageyama looks at the ball he's holding. Volleyball somehow wasn't the same since what happened last week. Days and Nights passed and all he could think of is how harsh he sounded when he rejected Hinata. It's like, Hinata corrupted his brain.

"Kageyama!" The said male turned around. "Daichi-san...?" Daichi looks at Kageyama with a worried expression. "Hinata hasn't been able to attend practice nor at class lately. Do you know why? You're the closest person to him I could think of." Kageyama bit his lip, Is it his fault? "No..The last time I saw him was at the park."

"What happened in the park?" Events of what happened that night came back to Kageyama. "Nothing. We just grabbed some ice cream." Daichi looks at Sugawara and their other remaining team mates with worry. "Alright, Thanks for telling us. Sorry for the bother."

Kageyama nodded. Once he turned around, Doors being opened and yells of happiness were heard. "There you are, Hinata!! What happened to you?!" The blue-eyed male quickly turned around, finally seeing the boy he actually missed.

Hinata smiled brightly at the team crowded around him, excluding Tsukishima and Kageyama. "Oh! I had a surgery! I'm better now!" The whole team exchanged glances. "Surgery? Why?" Hinata chuckled and scratched his neck. "I actually had Hanahaki disease. I had it removed." The team gaped and started bombarding him with questions but Hinata answered almost nothing, especially who was that someone.

Hinata and Kageyama made eye contact. Kageyama gulped as his heart raced while Hinata smiled. The orange-haired male walked past him, "Toss to me, Will ya?" Before Kageyama can answer, He felt sick and ran to the restroom.

Kageyama threw up blue flower petals.