An Unexpected Goodbye(DaiSuga)

"Ah. Suga, Come here for a sec." Daichi called out to his fiancee from the kitchen. "Coming!" Sugawara made his way to the kitchen and there was Daichi with half-opened cabinets and drawers.

"We should head to the mall and eat there." Suga rose a brow and crossed his arms, leaning on the door frame. "Why? Don't tell me you're being lazy to cook something for me." Daichi sighed and rubbed his nape. "Well, we're out of food so we have to buy some before going home." The silver-haired male pouted but nodded anyways.

"Fine. Your treat, though."

~*~

"Aah~ That was delicious~!" Suga smiled as he and Daichi exited their favorite restaurant. "Ofcourse it is, You love this restaurant so much." Daichi chuckled, receiving a playful punch from Suga. The happy couple was interrupted by a guy grabbing Sugawara.

"Hey, What the hell?" One look at the man made both Sugawara and Daichi horrified. Judging by his clothing and weapon, he's a terrorist. They are not wrong as there was his allies, dangerously pointing their guns to the other mall goers.

"On your knees!" Sugawara flinched from the volume as the terrorist pointed his gun to Suga's forehead, making him freeze.

"Suga!" Daichi only made a slight movement in attempt to defend Suga but the gun's aim was immediately switched to him. "Don't make me repeat what I said." Both Sugawara and Daichi dropped to their knees, shaking from what might happen if they disobey.

Daichi didn't want to show weakness but his face betrayed him. Tears suddenly began to form, threatening to run down his face.

'What if we can't get out?'

'Will we still get married?'

'Will.. we still be able to form a family?'

Trains of questions continuously ran in Daichi's head until he felt a jab in his side. "Ow..!" Daichi snapped his head to his side, seeing a crying yet smiling Sugawara.

"Stop. I know you're thinking about negative thoughts.. We'll make it out of here alive and finally marry each other tomorrow." Sugawara reassured Daichi who seemed to regain some hope and nodded with a smile, holding Sugawara's hand.

"I love you so much."

"I love you t--"

The moment was ruined when screams and gunshots were heard. The rescuers have arrived, giving the hostages hope that they'll get out alive.

While the terrorists were distracted by the shooting, The other sneaky rescuers motioned for them and the other hostages in the area to run to the exit where their safety is assured. Daichi and Sugawara's spot were thankfully not that far away from the exit. Daichi immediately punched the distracted terrorist near them and knocked him out. He held Sugawara's hand as they sprinted to the exit.

'Just a little more...!'

Bang!

Daichi's eyes widens as Sugawara screamed in pain, losing his balance which made him fall to the floor. "Suga!!!" A hand reached out and grabbed Sugawara from behind, a look of horror crossed Daichi's face as the hand belonged from the terrorist earlier.

"Let go of him--!" The terrorist cutted off Daichi, aiming his gun at Daichi's forehead. "NO!!!" Daichi would've been lying down on his own blood if it weren't for the rescuer who tackled him out of the bullet's way. The terrorist attempted to shoot them multiple times again but the two managed to dodge every bullet until they got out of the mall.

"Wait! My fiancee's still in there!" Daichi struggled against the rescuer as he got dragged to the other rescued hostages. "Calm down, Leave it us. Don't worry--HEY!" Daichi managed to overpower the rescuer, freeing himself. He attempted to run back inside the mall when...

A huge explosion happened. The untold bomb blew up the mall. Daichi was blown away due to the impact from the explosion, knocking him to the ground. He luckily didn't lose conciousness and pushed off the concrete and debris off of him."Suga..." Daichi's heart raced as he saw the bomed-out building along with the dead bodies of the terrorists, some rescuers and remaining hostages caused by the explosion.

"No..." Tears ran down his cheeks freely in frustration. He screamed, blaming himself for what happened. If only.. He didn't invited Suga to the mall, this wouldn't have happened. If only he was strong and courageous enough to save Suga. He slowly gathered his remaining strenght, desperately trying to find Sugawara's body, believing his fiancee is still alive...waiting for him to saved.

"Nononono NO!" His hands slowly got filled with scratches from digging and shoving the mall's remains. He clutched his head. 'This can't be..there were no survivors?'  But then, his eyes caught sight of the silhouette from the fading smoke. "Suga...?" Daichi squinted his eyes in order to see better through the smoke, trying to confirm his guess.

And there was Suga..standing with a smile on his face.

"K..Koushi!!" Daichi smiled as more tears streamed down his face, running to him. Sugawara smiled, outstretching his arms for Daichi. 'He..He's alive!!' Daichi happily thought. When they were supposed to finally make contact with each other, Daichi ran through Sugawara and tripped over something, making him fall to the ground.

'What just..?'

He looked over his shoulder and saw it was a dead person's arm. His eyes slowly widens in disbelief and horror.

The finger is wearing the engagement ring he gave to Sugawara Koushi.