Chapter 2

It was a long journey. All you could see was rain and hills in the far distance. You then spotted a figure of a small child standing near the road. You couldn't see any features of the child. Just the outline of them. The car zoomed past the figure. You looked through the back window and the figure was gone. You raised a brow but shrugged your shoulders and looked out of the side the window and saw the rain stop and you had a more clear view of where you were. Green hills and a bright blue sky. Full of fields of flowers and crops. You then went past a dirt area and saw what appeared to be a house. In the middle of nowhere. How strange. The car came to a sudden stop. "I got (Y/N). Contact the mayor." The driver said. A screeching sound was heard. Like a gate. You turned to the back window and indeed saw a large black gate that had spikes on the top. "I'm gonna slow down for you just so you can have a look at where you will be." He said. "Thank you." Your eyes filled with hope and you held a smile on your face as you looked around.

Families playing in the park, chuldren running around the street, homes all shapes and sizes all different on their own ways. This place was too good to be true. Like it crawled out of a commercial of a place that was titled perfect. This place was perfect. The car came to a sudden stop. The driver got out the car and went to your door and opened it for you "here we are. Qǐshì village." He said. A women stood by the door. She had short, brown, curly hair. Her skin a tanned colour and she wore a simple white shirt and a black skirt with simple black shoes. "My name is Megan and i will be taking you to the mayor. Follow me." She started walking and you followed behind. Neither of you saying anything. You passed may people all different from each other. You both then stopped and the women knocked on the door. "Come in." The voice said. Both of you walked in. You saw small hands writing and blonde hair. "Madam clair. (Y/N) is here." Her pen dropped but she didn't raise her head. "You may leave Megan." She bowed and left. Once the door closed the blonde raised her head. Her pale face matched her blonde hair. Her face was shaped to fit her appearance and her green eyes reminded you of emeralds. Her lips formed a smile but it made you feel uncomfortable. Like it was a sinister smile. "Take a seat. I won't hurt you." She said to you. You took a seat and looked her in the eyes. Her eyes held joy and something else you couldn't see. Darkness possibly? "I hope you like the village it isn't much but to me it's perfect." Paige said as she moved her papers away. "Do you have any questions to ask?" She said. "I have a few." She leaned back into her chair. "Ask away. " she opens her hands in a nice gesture. "How did you come across this place?" She rested a hand on her chin. "I was traveling around and some hitch hiker led me to this place. Told me this place had potential and I built this place from the ground up." You nodded. "How did you become the mayor?" All she said was "I gave this place...potential" you laughed and thought of another question. "You in a relationship?" She giggled and stood up. "No. Unfortunately I don't... But there is a person I have been... Watching." She looks out the window. "Anyway. I'll show you around." You stand up. "You in a relationship?" She asked as you both left the building. "No..." You said. She gave a reassuring smile. "You should come to my office tomorrow. I want you to get to know some people so I will get you to deliver some parcels." You looked confused. How would delivering parcels get her to make friends?

As they walked down the street they spotted a young boy walking down the street. The boy looked up towards the two and Paige smiled at the boy. "Why hello Damien. How has your day been?" The boy just stared. It made you feel uncomfortable. She could tell what the boy said even with no expression change and no body language. "This is a distant family member. Her names (Y/N)." He just stared at you. Expressionless. Cold. It freaked you out and Paige could tell. "I shall see you soon then Damien. I hope your still wanting to come to my house for afternoon tea with Sam. The boy looked at her once more. He walked away. "That was Damien thorn. A boy of wonders..."

She showed me around the many shops and many streets saying hello to a few people. You couldn't help but think about the Damien child. You saw him from somewhere. But where? She then showed her to your home. She passed you the keys to you. "See you tomorrow." She then walked away. Your home looked more of a cottage. It felt... Homely to you. You opened the door to your home and saw a nicely furnished home. It fit your style of home. You ran to the kitchen and opened the fridge. Different foods and your cupboards full of your favourite foods. Then you heard a nock on your door. You ran to the door and opened it. It was Damien. What did he want? "Hello.." You said. You gave him a gesture to enter you home. He looked around and he took a seat on your sofa. "Why are you here? Might I ask?" He pointed to the house next door. "Your my neighbor?" He looked at you and nodded. "You live with your parents." He nodded his head. "No? By yourself?" He nodded. "Well when I'm around you can pop in anytime." He nodded then left. What a strange boy...