Chapter 12

You left the motel and proceeded to walk towards the village and see the mayor. Before bumping into Dennis. "Come with me." He grabbed your arm and dragged you around hiding in ally's and arrived at a zoo. Bustling with life and people. He ignored all that stared. A dark glare on his face. You both went to the staff room and he slammed the door shut. "I need to show you something." He said huffing as he closed the door and letting you go. "Why? Would could possibly be so important. More important than a murder!?" You said. You didn't like being dragged around. Then he walked towards a rusted door, the green paint peeling off and the little window boarded up. His glare still cold. "We have no time for this back and forth! Come with me now or never find out who killed her!" This made your eyes widen. "I'll go..." he just nodded and opened the door. It creaked slowly and he walked into the darkness. "Close the door behind you." You slowly walked in and closed the door. The passage held no source of light but you followed. The steps were far down. You felt cold and scared, the darkness wrapped around you. The stairs felt never ending. You held the wall to stop you from tumbling and to feel if you were still in this world and reality. You bumped into the back of Dennis again and mumbled a quick sorry.

He opened a door which lead to some sort of home or hideout or basement of some sorts. "This is where me and the others live." He power walked towards an old computer and a large file on the desk. "Others? Where are the others?" You looked around and listened for some sort of sound but heard nothing. "They're here." He pointed to his head. "They're the only sane ones in this town and that includes you. You're just as sane as me." Your face scrunched up. "You. You're not that sane." You said causing him to turn. "I'm sane in this town, maybe the only one who is." Dennis turned him grinding his teeth. "I'm a lot more sane than that clown, Brahms, Freddy, Jason, Norman and everyone else here. This town is full of crazies but I've narrowed it down to one person. The one who killed niki." You raised a brow as he opened the file.

"Paige?"

He nodded sadly "as much as is a good mayor I have noticed some odd activity. She was last seen speaking with niki and it seemed as if it was a death threat." He pulled a photo out of a niki and Paige looking as if they were arguing. "She has knowledge and has been in contact with this item." He showed another photo. It was the box you'd seen when you were saving Chucky. The box you wanted to open so badly. "I've seen this box." He looked at you raising his brow. "I don't know much but what I do know is that it shouldn't be opened. Ever." He sighed and put the image away. "I believe there is an entity of sorts in the box. Not a good one." You looked towards the door. "What do I do with this information?" He put the folder in a draw. "It's your choice. Sell her out and she'll be gone and this town will be anarchy. Keep her here and she might do it again."

The patting of feet could be heard and the door opening. Dennis has a knife and you held your fists ready to fight. But in walked in Sam. His hands over the eyes of the bag over his head. "Sam? Are you here to play with hedwig?" He shook his head. A put formed in your stomach. "Why are you sad?" He just walked towards you and held your leg. "Sam?" You said before crying was heard. Dennis knelt down and pointed to his ear. Sam turned to him to whisper and his face paling and eyes widening. He dropped the knife on the floor. And pushed his glasses up, his hands shaking. "I guess I was wrong..." the bad feeling grew in your stomach and you held onto his arms shaking. "What's happened." He gulped and took a shaken breath. He whispered the words but you heard them loud and clear...

"It's Paige... she's dead..."