two.

T W O
T H E O D O R E

"I appreciate your warm hospitality. You don't come by people like you very often."

"Anyone is welcomed to join us. If they're in a sticky situation and want out, they can always come to us."

"I have to be honest with you, I don't have a very good past."

"Is that so?"

"I'm not perfect by any means, I just want to make sure you know that I have baggage, I have guilt, and I have regrets."

"How many walkers have you killed?"

"Shit, a ton. I couldn't even count."

"How many people have you killed?"

"Honestly, I can't count that either."

"Why?"

"There are few things worth living for, a couple things worth dying for, and many things worth killing for."
I rasp, placing my hands down on the table.
"The dumber people think you are, the most surprised they're going to be when you kill them."

"After that, do you honestly expect me to trust you around not only my people, but my own children?"

"As a matter of fact, Rick Grimes, I do."

He squints his eyes at me, one of his hands folding into a fist.

"You said it yourself, anyone is welcomed to join you— what makes my situation so different?"

"We don't take strangers in that share the same morals and beliefs as you. I ask three simple questions and I'm not a fan of any of your answers."

"Believe me, it would be better if we didn't meet again. Go back to work, go back to your people, go back to your life. Killing is for grown-ups and you're still a child."

"A child?"
He repeats, raising his eyebrows.

"Rick Grimes, my time is precious; I don't appreciate being patronized for my past and I don't fuck with people who are against me. You can sit here, bullshit, and look over your shoulder when you turn your back on me because you're afraid, but don't think for one second that I'm under the impression that you're fucking innocent."
I growl, slowly standing up and leaning over the table slightly.
"Are you fucking kidding me?"

"I'm intrigued by your aggression and intimidation."

"I'm quite the character, what can I say?"

"I think you'll fit in just fine with the survivors in our prison."

"You know, I much preferred you as a timid monk. Would have made killing you a whole lot more amusing."

"You think you're going to kill me?"
He scoffs.
"You should be scrubbing my floors with that attitude."

"Killing people is a lot easier than it should be, staying alive is harder. You should remember that, Rick Grimes."