eleven.

E L E V E N
T H E O D O R E

"Are you sure this is the place?"

"Yeah, I'm positive."

"Do you think they'll come to us, or do we have to come to them?"
Sebastian asks, crossing his arms over his chest.
"We're burning daylight."

"Just wait a couple minutes."
I reply, staring down at what looked like a door that had recently been opened and closed.
They'll come to us."

I was right. I knew that they'd eventually come out, all it took was for me to send a signal their way, and within a couple of minutes, they were sneaking out of the door and scoping around the area to check for puppies and kittens.

Sebastian, Melbourne, Adelaide, and Emilio all stood beside me as we waited for the new group to reach us. Although we were strangers, they didn't seem to hesitate at all as they came towards me.

Surprisingly, there was only four of them. I saw three guys and one woman— but they looked quite clean and healthy, so they were clearly hiding inside the towers for quite some time to stay away from the danger of the undead.

"Hey."

"You came."
The blonde man scoffs.
"We were almost certain that someone was just playin' tricks on us. You know how people are these days."

"Theodore."
I speak, reaching my hand out.
"It's a pleasure."

"I'm Dresden— this is Brooklyn, Nicholaigh, and Leilani."

It would be a lie if I said that they weren't beautiful, because they certainly are. Every single one of them.

With that being said— Nicholaigh was gorgeous. I don't know if it was his tan complexion or if it was those bright blue eyes, but goddamn, he was fuckin' heavenly.

None of them seemed to really hold any threat, so I knew it would be okay to bring them back with us to the prison. It was sorta insane because they really weren't that far away, yet they seemed so hopeless over the Morse Code.

Once we arrived back, I had asked Delancey to assign the newcomers their cells, because if she didn't give you a cell, you weren't going to get one.

Delancey is the boss, and she's fuckin' bomb. She has the upper hand and can take your cell away, give it to someone else, or completely move you to a different block. It's up to her.

She assigned the newbies cells in the same block, but two on the lower level and the other half on the top.

Nicholaigh and Dresden were near me, and that was perfect. It was everything I needed and more. It can sometimes be hard to come by good luck, but man, I'm fuckin' living.

Harmony, Penelope, Sebastian, Kreighton, Melbourne, and Ángel were all waiting for me in my cell, but I had to talk to Emilio for a few moments before the two of us went upstairs.

"What's up? Is something bothering you?"

"I can't do 50 days."