twenty-one.

T W E N T Y — O N E
T H E O D O R E

"I tried to be kind with you, Rick Grimes. I really did."

"W-Who are you?"

"I'm everything you're not. I'm charismatic, I'm intelligent, I'm honest, I'm loyal. I'm a leader, and that's something you will always fail at."

"Where did you come from? Who do you know? I knew something was wrong the moment you stepped foot in front of me!"

"I come from a place of hard-working motherfuckers. I've been working my ass off since I was a little boy."

He squints his eyes at me.

"I tried to be this source of positivity and generosity, but I never fucking got anywhere. If you want to survive and conquer in this day in age, you have to have a backbone and you need to keep your eyes on the fucking prize."

"Get away from me."

"My daddy said that I was destined for success and courageousness, and I refuse to let him down— I am not going to pussy out of everything I worked so fucking hard for. You are not going to stand in the way of my empire."

"You should've never come here. You don't belong to this group, you aren't a good person."

"You kill people for no reason!"
I yell.
"You fucking kill them, Rick Grimes!"

"Bullshit."

"If you don't kill with a purpose, you're the villain. I'm ostentatious, and you will never be on the same level as me. You are vile, you are untenable, and you are someone that I will not associate with."

"I'm not a doll. You can't pick me up and do whatever you please."

"You're a Svengali who should've been disposed of a long time ago. You don't think that makes a person look like a nobody,— a monster— a sycophant?"

"You played me like a violin, I should've trusted my gut."

Rick Grimes, you are not a smart man. You should have known better than to do everything that would make your whole group turn against you. No self-respecting man would be as foolish as you.

I don't believe in second chances, I don't think anyone should. You are old enough to know better, and I will not drop to my knees and give you extra chances to try and fix what you shouldn't have ever done in the first place.

When I was a little boy, my daddy always looked at me like I was a shining star, and it took me a few months to realize that I really was. That man is one of the only people I've ever been able to trust, and he's the only reason I'm the way I am today.

I do not think these idiots realize that at the end of the day, it's every man for himself. You can criticize and play a hate and act like you don't care, but you'll soon find it impossible to hide from the fact that you're going to be outplayed by yours truly.

I liked watching Rick Grimes stare at me the way he was. I think he is under the impression that I am afraid of him, but I'm the complete opposite.