SEVEN

"Shut your mouth, baby, stand and deliverHoly hands, oh, they make me a sinnerLike a river, like a riverShut your mouth and run me like a river"—Bishop Briggs

Holy hands, oh, they make me a sinner
Like a river, like a river
Shut your mouth and run me like a river"
—Bishop Briggs

Walking out of the music room, with a smile plastered on my face, a hand gently gripping my forearm stops me.

"I didn't know you played." Reid flashes a smile. No one really knows, it's something I've kept to myself, just kind of my own special thing I do.

Like a secret.

"Well, I do!" He rolls his eyes and gives me a look that screams 'duh'. I laughed loudly and begin walking down the hallway, heading to my locker. He manages to slip his hand in mine, intertwining our fingers. I hadn't noticed it before, but I couldn't help the gasp that escaped my lips when I feel the tingles.

A perfect fit.

It was as if the puzzle that you've been working on for so long, struggling to figure out, and you've just managed to find the right piece. Completing it.

"There you are!" Holly screams from my locker. "Are you ready for today?!"

"What's today?" Reid says in a protective tone. I roll my eyes at his demeanor.

"We're going shopping!" Holly answers for me. "We're gonna buy the cutest stuff! Oh, Mere! I checked the Victoria's Secret website and their having a huge sale on linger—"

"Okay! Holly, Reid doesn't want to hear that!" I face Reid and his eyes hold lust and desire, predator like.

He raises his eyebrows in a challenge. "I don't?" I can feel my cheeks heat up as his arms wrap around my waist, caging me into him. "Go on Holly, what else are you planning on buying?" God he's so damn cocky. I shove at his chest, but he doesn't budge. He chuckles and kisses my crown. Cradling my face in his hands, he looks me dead in the eye. "Please, be safe."

I nod and shyly smile. I wish I could determine why these newfound emotions are driving me crazy . . . like I need to be around him, or need to have him in my life. He smiles and backs away, before retreating back to his friends that are giving me a thumbs up. I giggle and wave them off.

"Okay Mere, enough with the lovey dovey shit! We gotta go before the sale is over!" She grabs my hand and yanks my arm as we run out the main doors. We hop in the car and put on music. 'Bad at Love' by Halsey blares through the stereo, as we belt out every lyric. It's moments like these when I'm happy to be here, happy that I escaped my mother, happy to be alive.

The drive to the mall wasn't too long. Most of the time we were having light conversation because we singing along to the stereo and arguing about which song to listen to or who got the aux. I ended up getting it!

We walk through the mall, deciding which store to go into first.

"MEREDITH! THE SALE IS STILL GOING ON, OH MY GOD Y-E-S-S-S!" She screams, creating a scene. I mentally scold her and laugh boldly. We run into Victoria's Secret, scanning the scandalous undergarments.

We go from shelf, to drawer, to rack until we are carrying piles of lingerie, or at least Holly is. I've only grabbed about 3 sets, but am assisting Holly because apparently "Two hands aren't enough to carry these dick magnets!"

I end up buying the same type of look, but in different colors: black, cream, and white. I know, I know, why in the heck would you buy the same thing? Well why the fuck not!

The ride home was the same as the ride there. We walk into the house carrying our bags of lingerie, jeans, shirts and shoes.

"I'm gonna go set these in my room!" I run up the stairs and start to my room. I round the corner and squeal when I run into the wall . . . no, a hard chest.

My bags have fallen to the ground. I look up and see Reid. Giving him a nervous smile, he looks down to the bags that have fallen to the floor, and looks back up with a devious smirk.

"What?" I ask in confusion. He bends down, and picks up and item of clothing. My eyes widen when I see a piece of small black lingerie, hanging off his finger.

"No one likes a tease, Meredith." Good god. His voice is so seductive. I'm falling in his trap and I can't climb out . . . and he knows it.

In a quick movement, I'm backed up against the wall. Chest to chest with him. He leans in on me until our lips are only a breath away. A sudden desire floods my body, a new feeling that I've never felt before. But I love it. It's like a drug.

Not taking anymore teasing, he grabs the back of my thighs and hoists me into his waist. By instinct, I wrap my legs around him. His hand loop around my waist, then to my bum which he gives a firm squeeze. Our foreheads are resting against each other's. He begins walking in the direction of my room, and when we get inside he kicks the door closed with his foot. Still carrying me, we move to another wall which I'm pinned to.

My lips are aching with want.

I want his lips on mine. I want him. I need him. But, why?

I begin to lean in, just a bit, but he beats me to the punch. Our lips meet each other for the first time. Tingles fly from my lips and to other places of my body. Our lips move in a slow sync, with him taking lead. I moan into his mouth, and that only ignites the flame of desire. He slaps my bum and I gasp, the perfect opportunity to slip his tongue into my mouth. Our tongues fight for dominance, but he wins.

I pull apart first, mostly because one thought fills my head . . . my first kiss. "Christ, you're amazing," He says between kisses. "Where have you been hiding, angel?"

     I can't respond, only blush. I can't believe I just did that . . . I feel like I'm living on the edge right now.

This town and these people have changed me, and probably for the better.

He kisses me one last time and we start back downstairs. I collect the bags of clothes from the hallway and throw them in my room. Reid and I are walking back downstairs, hand in hand.

Now I have to face Holly and Oliver. Hopefully they didn't hear any of that or else I would never hear the end of it.

We walk into the living room where Oliver is playing video games and Holly is baking.

"There you are Mere, Reid. Why'd you take so long?" Holly chirps. I'm not sure how to answer. Reid must have sensed this because he does it for me.

"I was helping her with her chemistry homework. I had the class when I was a junior like you guys, so I'd figured I'd lend a hand." I nodded at his words.

"Yup! I understand it now." I say nervously. Reid chuckles then walks over to Oliver where a game console was, probably where he was previously playing before out little . . . moment.

 moment