TWENTY FOUR

"You don't know babeWhen you hold meAnd kiss me slowlyIt's the sweetest thing"—Daniel Caesar

When you hold me
And kiss me slowly
It's the sweetest thing"
—Daniel Caesar

     After the presentation, Susanna and I parted ways. She left for her session while I couldn't wait to get home and relax—oh wait . . .

"Shopping time!" Holly chirped. She took my hand and dragged me through the gates of school and to her car.

     "Wait up sunshine!" We both stop in our tracks by the car. Reid comes rushing towards us. He approaches me and smiles. "I'm so proud of you today baby," he kisses my nose and caresses my cheek, and action that makes goosebumps raise on my skin.

     "How'd you know?" I ask curiously.

     "Jake just happened to sneak in the class and captured a video."

     "Ohh, well thank you. It feels like a whole weight was lifted off my shoulders!" We both lean and share a gentle kiss that makes my nerves go haywire at the sparks.

     "Ahem," Holly clears her throat. Reid and I part and scowl at Holly.

     "Oh stop. Reid, give her to me! We have to go get our dresses."

     "Dresses?"

     "Prom babe," I say. A mischievous smirk appears on his face.

     "Alright. Tell me the color of your dress and I'll match my tie," he gives me one last kiss. "Be safe."

     "Okay, SHO!" Holly motions with her hands. Reid's arms go up in surrender and he walks away to the guys. "And so the fun begins," Holly whisks me in the car and doesn't shut her trap until we pull up to the mall.

     Holly being Holly, we move from store to store and I've resulted in keeping my shoe laces untied and tucked in my sock so I don't have to keep retying them. We've tried on so many dresses I've lost count—and none of them struck our fancy.

     "C'mon Mere! This is it, I can feel it!" We're standing outside of yet another dress shop. Holly grabs my wrist and leads me through racks of dresses. I'm surprised to see that this store has no tacky dresses. Their all elegant and graceful, like what you'd see a runway model wearing. I finally steer away from Holly and check out the store on my own. I find myself moving toward a section of Sherri Hill dresses. I've always seen them online and have dreamed of wearing one!

     I scan the rack until I find one that practically screams my name. I gently pull it off the rack and rush toward the dressing rooms.

     "You find one?" Holly shouts from the stall next to mine. I begin taking off my outfit, replacing it with the mermaid styled gown. The dress was advertised as 'ruby red,' but in my opinion it seemed much more deeper than that; more crimson. The neckline plunged down showing the little cleavage I have. The little red crystals on the chest caught the light just right, scintillating their reflections across any object besides darkness. This dress made me feel confident, and when I looked in the mirror, there was a princess staring back at me with a smile on her face.