Esperanza's Life

Esperanza's Point of View:

I lay there on the ground, breathing in and out slowly as the pain is becoming unbearable. I'm taking it slow before, it's about time to push and I did.

Neighing a little before, I feel no more pain. When it's finally over, I rest and breath with exhaustion. I hear the other horses neighing until, I hear a small neigh as I lay up and look behind me.

I see my baby colt; my son is finally here. He opens his eyes for the first time, a little confused on where he's at or who I am. Then, his vision clears as I neigh at him and he neighs back to me.

I lean forward and lick his face as he snuggling up to me and pulls a little piece of my mane as I mess with his hair. Soon, the other horses approach us to see the new member of the herd.

After, being greeted; I stood up and walked to a spot to eat some grass. As I was eating, I felt something underneath me and I looked to see that my son was hungry as well.

Season Changed:

The season has now changed, what was once warm and a little cold turned to really cold. It is now the winter season.

As I'm running with the herd through the snow, I look up to see my son running as well. He gets ahead of us and slides down from where he's at and gets me and half of the herd covered in snow. Getting a couple of glares from the herd; I smile in a apologetic look before shaking the snow off ourselves.

As we were walking around, we saw water dripping from the ice sickles and tried to carefully take a sip that way our tongues wouldn't get stuck to them. As we began to walk, I look in a different direction and stop and see that my son has an ice sickle stuck to his tongue. And can't help but feel happiness yet embarrassment.

After a long day it was getting close to night fall and it was about time to go to sleep. I see that my son still had the ice sickle stuck in his mouth. I'm going to have to pull if off eventually, I know it's going to hurt but I don't want his tongue to fall off from frostbite.