A New Member of the Herd

Esperanza's Point of View:

The next day, I managed to un-stick my son's tongue from the ice sickle and then we all went out to the river. Me and the other mustangs would stand by as my son and his young colt friends play in the water.

Then all of a sudden I see the colts running to shore and see my son still standing in the water. I look behind him to see a giant herd of buffalo and watching to see that my son took and interest in them since they were so friendly. My son looks at me when I smile and tell him to come to shore. When he approaches, I tell him that it's time to go and then we all start running with the herd.

As we were now walking, I was in the back of herd with my son not wanting to leave him behind. Then, I start to hear something that sounds unfamiliar to my but it sounded like a cry and then I start to follow it with my son following behind.

Then, I see a bush as I move the little bush trees I see a basket and the crying seem to be coming from there. I told my son to get behind me as I was about to take the top of the basket.

As I took the top off I see a strange looking creature that's not like us. The strange creature stopped crying and just giggled. I look at the small creature's mane to see the it's black and it's eyes are light blue like the river itself, the rest of it's body it's almost similar to snow but not as white.

Then, I start to think and that this creature is not a colt but a two leg. And I wonder what is this two leg doing out here in this cold whether? Where are it's mother and father? They must have abandoned their child because they probably didn't want it or who knows maybe something bad happened.

Just by looking at the creature I can tell that it's a girl and I'm not leaving her out here to die from the cold. My son comes to my side and looks at what's in the basket and then neighs with joy. I smile at him before looking back at the little two- legged girl knowing that he's going to have a little sister to take care of. I nuzzle the creatures face before putting the top back on top of the basket and then picking it up and carrying the new member of the herd back to the rest of the herd.