Little Creek

White Lily's Point Point of View:

It has been almost 3 days since my brother has eaten. They give me food as I'm still tide up to the post and whenever no one isn't looking. I manage to give my brother some food if possible.

Right now, it's just another hot day as usual but, not enough to kill.

I hear the men's voices as they approaching and I know my brother heard it to cause he to sees them heading our way. With someone who was different to them as I am to.

Me and my brother watch as the men are dragging the helpless Indian to the Colonel.

"Well, what do we have here?" he said.

"We caught him by the supply wagon, Sir" one of the men said as he pulled the defenseless Indian's head back.

"Ah, a Lakota, not as tall as the Cheyenne, and fine featured as the Crow. Take him away gentlemen, show him our best" the Colonel said.

"Corporal, take him to the stock case" one of the men said.

"Not the stock case. The post. No food or water" the Colonel said.

I see that they're pushing the boy my way and he seemed to be staring my brother for a while until, his head was pushed to look my way. I see that they're tying him to the other side of the post that I am tide to.

My brother glares at him in anger knowing that he didn't like that was I was tide next to him on the same post. I look over my shoulder to see that he tried to communicate with him but, my brother just turned around. That made me and the boy laugh.

"Don't pay any attention to him. He just doesn't know you, yet" I said.

"You're probably right. I'm usually good with horses" he said.

"I can tell. My name is White Lily but, I'm mostly called Lily" I said.

"I'm Little Creek and you seem to know the horse real well" he said.

"Yeah I do. He's my brother. His name is Spirit" I said.

"Your Brother?" he asked confused.

"Yeah. My mother died giving birth to me, she was one of their women. While my father was one of you. After, my mom died he took me away and it wasn't long until, they were after him after us. My father didn't want me to die still an infant so, he had to hide me while he lead them away and that was the last time I ever saw him. Soon, I was found by Spirit and his mother and they took me into their herd and made me part of their family" I said trying to not cry

"I'm so sorry, Lily", he said.

"It's okay. I can't believe that as an infant I had a good memory of what they looked like. I have my mother's skin and eyes, while I have my father's hair" I said.

"Your father and mother must have really loved each other for you to be here" he said.

"They were. My father told me a story of how they ended up to be. My mother wasn't happy until, she met my father who taught her how to be free and to love. She was willing to give up everything for my father. The people knew about her being pregnant but, were unaware of who the father was until, after she died and that the baby was missing. And that's when they figured it out" I said.

"Lily, don't worry. We're going to get out of here. All of us" he said.

All I can do is smile at him as he smiles back.

I believe in him cause we can't stay here forever. Me and Spirit, we have to get home to where we belong.