Chapter 11

I am incredibly tired, but will myself to stay awake as Christina, Zeke, Uriah, and Shauna coo over Natalia. Tobias is holding her, as everyone else crowds around. With his natural instinct to doubt everyone, he won't allow anyone else to hold Natalia. I am almost glad for this, this shows that he will make a wonderful, protective father.

After a while he unwillingly hands Natalia to me. I rock her back and forth until I see her eyelids gently close. I take in all of it, her cuteness, her disposition, her innocence. I love it all.

Eventually everyone leaves except Tobias. He sits on the edge of cot, and together we observe this perfect little bundle in silence. I hear the door open, and expect to find a nurse of Dr. Maria, but instead I find him. A lump forms in my throat as I think if the last time I saw him, passed out on the floor of the little room. Caleb shifts uncomfortably in the awkward silence. I can see all of Tobias's muscles tensing, an angry look on his face. Finally, I break the silence, "What do you want." My tone is harsh and clipped. "I wanted to talk to Four." Says Caleb, his voice is nervous and quiet. "Well" Tobias says impatiently. "Alone" Caleb finally replies. "Anything that you can say in front of me, you can say in front of Tris." Tobias snaps. "I, I just wanted to tell you that you are ok. I mean that, umm... you and Beatrice have my support." Caleb says it as more of a question then a statement, as though he himself was unsure of his words. "May I see my niece?" He asks. I slowly nod my head. Caleb steps closer toward me, and I can almost feel Tobias's nerves. He doesn't want Caleb around me, that means that he definitely doesn't want him around our child. "What is her name?" Caleb asks. "Natalia Tessa Johnson" I state. "You named her after Mom?" I can hear sadness in his tone. "Yes." I reply.

Caleb leaves not long after that, and I can see Tobias begin to relax. "I don't believe him. Caleb is deceitful, clever, and evil. If he wasn't hesitant to hurt you once, what makes him incapable from doing it again." I have no response, Tobias is right. My brother is an overall awful person, and even though something inside me wants to forgive him, I know that for Natalia's safety and well being, I can't risk it.

---------------------------------------------

Hope you all enjoyed! I know it's short, but I promise to update again sometime this week. Remember to vote and comment. I really would love to hear any ideas for Tobias's and Tris's wedding! :-)