Chapter 35

(Tris's POV)

"Tobias, it's me, please wake up!" I cry as he bangs my head against the wall. My vision goes blurry, colors smudging into one another, the pounding in my head, compares to nothing with the pain of my ankle.

Tobias must have broken it when he kicked me to the ground. His eyes are pale, not like his own. His expression is so blank and vague, last time, it didn't take that much effort to wake him from the simulation. But that was a test serum developed by Jeanine Matthews, this was created by the Bureau itself.

He has no weapons on him, he didn't have any when I found him. He was just standing there, the same blank look that he still holds.

I can't beat him, waves of pain wash over me repeatedly, getting worse and worse. My body threatens to go limp and unconscious, but my racing mind persists forward, trying to focus on what is right in front of me.

I can't beat him.

I can't beat him.

But I can wake him.

I need to get his face close to mine, close enough to kiss him. The plan sounds ridiculous to even myself, but I am out of options. If I can't talk or beat him out of this trance, I will have to seduce him.

I stand, hugging the beige wall, and slowly pulling myself up. As I expect, he moves in closer, hungry for more blood.

I throw a kick to the side which he blocks, but before he can regain his stance, I pull him in close and kiss him.

At first, he try's to pull away, but then the most incredible thing happens. He stops fighting, he wraps his arms around me and holds me up against the wall.

"Tris" he says as he presses his lips more passionately upon mine.

"Tobias" I respond, forgetting the situation or any of my surroundings.

He presses in closer to me, his fingers gently brush my hair back, and rushing pain splits through my mind. I pull back, remembering the horrible world outside this room.

"Natalia" I croak out as he moves down to kiss my neck.

He stops, pulls back slightly and whispers, "Where is she?"

I explain, well I explain the plan. I have no way of knowing whether or not it worked. Whether or not they were caught, whether or not they are still alive...... I don't want to even think about that possibility.

Tobias begins running down the hall, but my aching ankle suggests that following his example will not be a good idea. "My ankle." I shout ahead. Tobias stops, turns around, and does the only thing hat he can think of.

Even in his weak form, picking me up isn't very difficult. He picks up his pace again down the hall, a powerful odor of blood and death fills the air as we turn a corner.

My heart sinks, expecting to find my daughter lying in a heap on the floor. I can see tears in Tobias's eyes as he follows the smell, we are greeted with something terrible. The scene before us is one that no one should have seen, that should have never happened.

Leo lies in a bloody heap alone in the hallway. Shauna and Zeke's only child, my god child lies here in a pool of sickening, deep red blood.

He is positioned face up, his blank eyes open, and his mouth dropping with more blood remains open as though he were shocked.

"We need to find the others." Tobias says, stepping around the body.

I feel helpless, my body is racked with fear. I bury my head in Tobias's strong chest and inhale deeply as I let out a sob.

We fought this war already, we thought that we could make it safer for our children.

We were wrong.

--------------------------------------------

Enjoy! Go on my twitter page and follow me, for extra sneak peaks, and writing inspired songs. Please comment and vote! :-)