Chapter 26

(Tris's POV)

It has been 2 days since I visited the hospital, since I've seen Tobias. There was a 'funeral' scheduled for him yesterday. It was a small and somber occasion. I noticed that the coffin was not allowed to be opened. I have not told anyone that Tobias is alive.

I don't know where he is, or even if he is ok, but at least for now I know that he is alive. He is somewhere among this vast landscape, and I don't care if I have to search every hill and trench, I will find him.

Natalia has been a mess lately, and I can't blame her. As much as it pains me to keep this from her, if she dared to tell one of her friends, news can spread and Tobias could be killed. I have noticed that she has spent a lot of time at Noah's and Emily's house. Them all being best friends, there should be nothing wrong, yet the way she and Noah look at each other makes me suspicious.

I want to tell Christina, Uriah, Zeke, and Shauna, yet Tobias's last words keep ringing inside my head. Trust no one. Those words have been haunting me for the past two days now.

I have other problems as well. Natalia had taken her aptitude test, and was discovered as a Divergent. Not only that, but she is said to have the aptitude for all five factions. No one has ever gotten results like that. This makes her a threat, and with the Allegiant beginning to stir, trouble can't be far away.

I am sitting on the couch in my home. I keep imagining Tobias sitting next to me, holding me in his arms. We had sixteen immaculate years together, but they have come and gone. I need him, Natalia needs him, our family needs him.

I am scared, frightened even for the future. I've been keeping it a secret for a month now, hoping to make a surprise dinner for Tobias to tell him the news. But what if I now have to raise this child alone. Yet, I will not be alone, I have Christina, Uriah, Shauna, and Zeke. I know that they would help me.

I push the thought out of my mind. Tobias will be here for the baby, he will. I will find him, I need to find him.

---------------------------------------------

I know that it's super short, but I figured that a short update is better then no update at all. Please comment and vote. :-)
(P.S. I promise to update again super soon.)