Chapter 28

I do not know whom to be more afraid of, Marcus or Caleb. Marcus seemed to know nothing of Tobias's disappearance, however I know that Caleb definitely does.

He kidnapped my daughter, he nearly murdered my husband. For now, I need him alive to find Tobias, but once this mess is resolved, he is dead.

With shaky, sweaty hands, I knock on the door of an apartment, not far off from the old Erudite Headquarters.

There is no answer.

I knock again, louder and more annoyed this time.

No answer.

Finally, I decide to take matters into my own hands, and with much force and a loud bang, the door falls from it's frame and onto the ground.

I pull my gun from my waistband before searching my surroundings. Shaking, I hold it in front of me. The place is quiet, all of the lights are off. Except, a dull glow from a room around the corner.

I precede with extreme caution, unaware of what lies ahead.

I swiftly turn the corner, with my gun outstretched in my hands. The scene before me is almost indescribable.

My disgusting brother lies passed out in a floral robe on the couch, while the television glows in front of him.

I do my best to contain my laughter, but a giggle escapes. Caleb stirs, scratches himself and returns to his motionless state.

By now, I am covering my mouth to stifle my laughter. Here is my evil, mastermind brother, lying in a flower print robe, drooling.

When I am done cracking up, I decide to wake him up the nicest way possible.

I press the gun barrel to his forehead and shout, "GET UP!"

He jumps, and then realizes the weapon pressed to his head, as well as the person holding it. "Be-Beatrice."

"That's Tris to you." I spit. "Where is my husband?"

He looks terrified, and utterly perplexed. I pull him up by the robes collar and push him up against the wall. My face is only inches from his, the gun is pressed into his chest.

"We can do this one of two ways, the easy way, or the hard way." I whisper.

"You-you would n-never sh-shoot me." Spits Caleb.

I look down and notice a growing wet spot on the robe. Ew. I take the gun and shoot his foot. He screams with pain.

"I guess that means you will choosing the hard way." I press my gun once again to his chest, holding him up to the wall by his hair.

"Now, where is my husband!"

He huffs as though he were out of breath, beads of sweat roll down his forehead. "The... Allegiant."

My grip falters, and Caleb takes a hard fall to the floor. The Allegiant. I knew that they were planning something, but what would they need Tobias for?

I can see the light beginning to leave Caleb's eyes, I don't have much time left for him to answer my questions.

"Why would the Allegiant need Four, what are they planning?"

Caleb begins to close his eyes, but before he does, he whispers, "Mind control."

---------------------------------------------

Hope that you all enjoyed! I know that it's been kind of slow lately, but it is hard to set everything up! Please comment and vote. :-)