Chapter 29

I am lost, confused, scared. Tobias is worse then dead, he is being changed and manipulated at this very moment.

Caleb must be the leader of the Allegiant, yet it doesn't all add up. Why would he be at home, sleeping, when something this big is going underway.

I don't have much time to think about this, lives could be at stake. I need to find Tobias, I get choked up just thinking about the last time we spoke.

I was doing the dishes, and making dinner, overall I was exhausted. He came in and gave me a hug, telling me how much he loves me, I told him that I was busy. I don't know if it is guilt or determination, but I will find him.

If the Allegiant are using Tobias that must mean that they will need others to use too. I could be walking into a trap, but I am Divergent, so they can't control me.

"Mom! Are you trying to get us killed!" Natalia yells from the back seat. I am so deep in thought that I almost forgot that I was driving. I mutter an apology and try to keep my main focus on the road ahead.

__________________________

We sit in the car, and wait until the others arrive. Christina, Uriah, Shauna, Zeke, and Leo get out of their cars and approach us.

"Did you get the supplies?" I Christina eagerly. "Yeah, they are all here." She hands me a large brown bag and I begin to rummage through it. "Did you get the information? All you told us was to come to the Bureau." Uriah says.

I explain to them everything that has happened while distributing our costumes and weapons. Natalia and I will pose as scientists, Natalia as my new trainee. Shauna and Christina will be in charge of clearing out the building, and Zeke, Uriah, and Leo will create the distraction.

"Did your brother really wet himself?" Uriah snickers. I crack a small smile before Christina elbows him in the stomach.

"I don't know how much time we can give you." Zeke explains. "I'll take as much as you can give us." I reply.

With shaking hands, I load my gun and change. This is it, in this building here, thaw place where I 'died'. The weapons lab will either hold the key to Tobias's disappearance, or it will push me further away.

---------------------------------------------

I know that I it's short and that I didn't keep my promise to update. I apologize, please vote and comment. I thrive as a writer on your (constructive) criticism. Thank you all for being so patient, I promise to update a lot more often.