Chapter 16

(About a year later)

I watch in fascination. She is actually doing it. We all sit in a circle on the floor of Zeke's 'apartment'. Natalia takes one tiny hand and pulls herself up. I watch as she unsteadily releases her hand and takes a shaky step. This causes her to fall down, but she doesn't cry. She tries again, this time making a few steps before falling. I can see the determination on her face.

Noah and Emily, who are about four months old, sits giggling on Christina's lap. Noah looks almost exactly like Uriah, except with lighter skin. Emily, on the other hand has Christina's dark brown hair, but is much smaller then Noah. Noah seems intensely fascinated with his hand, which he is holding in front of his face. I almost laugh.

I focus my attention back onto my baby girl. I can't believe that she is already over a year old! It is incredible. Natalia takes wobbly steps toward Tobias and fall into his lap. "Da-Da" she says through a smile.

I smile as Tobias picks her up and she giggles with delight. He kisses her nose and sets her down in the floor. Emily crawls out of Christina's lap and goes over to Natalia.

For no apparent reason, they sit together and giggle. Soon enough we all join in. When the giggling dies down, Christina says, "They are going to the best of friends." I smile at the thought.

---------------------------------------------

Ok, quick pole, do you guys prefer a bunch of frequent updates, but short chapters. Or waiting a couple of days in between each chapter, and I can make them longer. Please comment and vote! :-)