☆ Chapter 7 : Cruel ☆

The next morning, Wardah woke up early and wore the same clothes from yesterday to go out.

She rode a motorcycle with another butler to go to the motel where she left her luggage yesterday, as they were on their way, she can see that the motel was not even far from the mansion, which means her lack in sense of direction is not that bad.

After she retrieve her luggage, she was brought back to the mansion and was ordered to change into a formal attire of a servant.

The moment she stepped out of the servant quarters with her belongings, she waited for the head butler to show her area of duty, she observed her surroundings for a few moments and was a bit confused.

Usually, in any and every place with people, there's bound to be voices or sounds of mornings hustle bustle but in this place?

There's only silence since the minute she got here. Maybe the family prefer silent surroundings?

Not long after, the head butler arrived on the same motorcycle from the day she was hired and he asked whether her things are already packed and ready for she will be moving to her mistress place and live there with her.

The butler rode the motorcycle away from the quarters onto another dirt road. They passed the big mansion and went through a road surrounded with big trees.

Finally, a small wooden hut can be seen as the motorcycle slowed down and stopped right in front of the door , the head butler told Wardah to get off and knock the door.

Afterwards, the butler told me to enter the house and go to the living room where I will meet the girl whom I'm going to take care of and abide to her command from here on after, then he left.

With a deep breath, Wardah entered the house.

Little did she know, the moment she saw the girl, her life was gonna change.

*

Wardah's pov
A few years later;

Why is the world so cruel to her?

Why is the world so cruel to me?

What have we ever done to deserve this?

The girl that I was to take care of was a genius but her intelligence was still unrecognized by her own family. She was even humiliated numerous times by those blood relatives in front of a crowd!!!

Instead of being sad and letting it out, she forces herself to shun away the feelings and replace them with smiling facade.

Bottled up her hidden emotions and become as obedient as she can be for them. But they never cared, and she knows it too.

Her light in her eyes is getting duller in each year until one thing that made her emotionless, no longer is there any light that shone in her beautiful eyes.

They were going to send her away for a hand in marriage with a rich old guy somewhere far! How is this even possible??!!

Oh but it is, because she is too scared to fight back, she listens. The vicious actions of her so called blood relatives can be brought to court but her own family let it be!

Her very own family encourages the suggestion of the marriage because of the benefits they're going to get in the future .

In the end , I was the only one who opposed for her. I want to give her the light of hope she craves. I want to save her until my last breath, at least to by her side when times are rough, but the reality is too cruel.

I was sent to go in her stead and before I was even near my destination, I died.

Never got to be by her side again.

Never got to listen to her laughs again.

Never got to feel her happiness again.

And finally, never got the chance to see my own family again.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆