☆ Chapter 13 : Raina ☆

Raina's pov

My name is Raina , I am a maid working in a normal household.

Normal as in, the people of the family is not into any political complications or crazy members that is obsess with attention from the world.

A normal, happy family.

Or so I thought.

I am very lucky to have worked at this place because the wages are great and the environment are peaceful and happy.

Little did I know.....

*

I had never known any existence of my so-called family members, whether they're still alive or how many there is . It's because I've been left in front of a local orphanage when I was just a baby with a letter that states  a single word.

'Raven'

And so with that, I was called Raven for 15 years of living in the same orphanage.

The orphanage is not that bad but it's not a place that I would call home either.

You would think that I will have hope.

Hope that maybe one day my parents will take me away from here.

Hope that maybe, I could have a chance to talk to my biological parents like a child would to theirs.

But I don't.

It's useless to have hope, if only the feeling of hurt is what you will get in the end, so why have them?

I am a realistic person. I judge people based on their attitude rather than outer appearance, being in the orphanage for so long, its like second nature to me.

And so far, I've survived with this instinct of mine. And it may or may not be the main cause of me not being adopted by anybody.

One day, the elders at the orphanage said that I need to leave this place because I'm old enough to survive on my own and they are in urgent need for more room to put other abandoned ones.

Without any argument or questions, I packed my bag that consist of a few pair of clothes and an old worn pair of shoe.

On my way out of the building, I started to think of ways to find food and money that can keep me alive in the outside world. Should I become a racoon slash old lady? Or an awful sounding girl singing beside an ambulance to help those who's dying, to be at peace?

Stepping foot on the dirty ground, I inhale the contaminated air of my surroundings, like usual, no one was there to bid me farewell or shed a stray tear for me.

As expected...

As I was about to open the front door, a voice of a person stopped me. She was a stranger that I've never seen working in the orphanage, perhaps a newly hired?

She gave me a pat on my head, which is the first time in my life that I've ever received such a gesture and slipped a paper in my hand then left like she was never there in the first place.

I put the paper in my jacket and slip outside quietly. When I was near the gate, I opened that piece of paper and saw an address.

The address was not far from this place judging by the street and thankfully it's daytime so without further a do, I moved forward.

Relying only on my sense of direction, following the signs of the streets to follow the right path.

Soon, I arrived in front of a newly built, huge front gate that has a small 'Vacancy' sign pasted on a wall.