☆ Chapter 6 : Decision ☆

"I refuse to tolerate this disobedience! Either you listen to my command or suffer the consequences !" My papa shouted to me just because I refuse to obey his absurd command.

"If I refuse this whole thing, you're going to kick me out? Is that it? What is it that is so important to you , that you suddenly decided to use me as a pawn for connection?" I taunted him more. How dare he decide to make a decision that'll affect my whole life without my consent?

"Do not question my orders! As the head, I had to do what's best for the future of the Family" He yelled at me using his leader voice, the dominant voice that he use to control the Mafia. And now he wants to control me too.

Not happening.

As the last confirmation of this cruelness, I ask the question that has been on my mind since a long time ago "What's more important to you? The connections or family?" In a low voice, I said the words which answer will decide the fate of my own future.

Finally seeing the hesitant look in my father's own eyes as he said nothing, I made my decision.

To him, connections are more important than his own blood.

With this, I'll turn my back on my family and value my future more.

An eye for an eye.

Before he get to say anything , the door of the main hall burst open as my mother ran towards us with a pale face.

Oh....so, she finally got a gist of what had happened......and decided to show up at the most crucial moment.

What took her so long?

"No!!! Don't do this!!! Don't do this to my baby" Mama said hurriedly, pleading papa as she grips his forearm with all her might.

"Yeah Papa! You can't seriously do this to Ice can you? I mean I know you love us brothers more but she's the only girl beside mama in this huge family anyways" entering the hall after my mother, one of my brothers tried to persuade papa with a useless explanation.

I can't bring myself to show any form of gratitude because they are the ones who suggested this whole fiasco anyways. Their idea is the cause of my turmoil. Because of them, I fought with my own father and they decided to half-heartedly say something useless in the last second?

Can I kill my own blood?

The feeling of betrayal is raging inside of me.

I was silent the whole time because I've already given up arguing with the head of the huge family. It goes nowhere when I'm involve anyways.

".........Fine, your punishment is to go into isolation and then, when you came to your senses, will you return to the familia as a new person that never disobey the leader" papa said as he narrowed his eyes at me, daring me to rebuke while mama looked at him with wide eyes along with my brothers.

"But-" Mama tried to say something but gave it up after seeing the glare from papa. Everyone knows not to cross him, even if you're very close to him .

In the end, his orders are absolute.

"My decision is final" papa said this sternly as he glared at every member in the room as they all bow their heads, not looking at him in the eye. Everyone except me , finally, he locked eyes with me .

If he thinks I was going to fight for a place in the family, then he got another thing coming. I have rights in my life and I deserve to use it my way.