☆ Chapter 15 : Rule ☆

7 years later

-

"Aster dear, I have to leave...."

"What?! Why so sudden?"

"Seems that there's a sudden meeting with my family that requires my presence" Raina said sadly.

"But I thought you were from an orphanage"

"I thought so too" Raina said as she shows a shallow smile.

The atmosphere around us turns gloomy as the time ticked by.

"Well, when are you leaving?"

"Today, after the new attendant arrives who will take care of you as my replacement"

"Do you have to leave?"

"I have to dear, I don't have a choice"

"But-"

"Excuse me!" An unknown voice voiced out from the outside of the house.

"Wait here" Raina said as she hastily went away leaving Aster to deal with her own thoughts.

-

"Aster, I would like you to meet someone. She's going to be by your side from now on!" Raina states as she stood by the door gesturing to the person who's with her to move forward. "I'll be going first and I trust that you'll be fine from now on, Aster dear"

Aster hugged Raina one last time as she bid her goodbye, who would've thought that its going to be the last affectionate gesture between the both of them, as something dangerously inevitable is coming their way at a fast pace, unbeknownst to them all.

*

After Raina left, it's just me and this 'new' attendant, as if I need a new attendant now that my life is undeniably difficult to begin with, wait....what day is today.......*gasps*

Wardah is here!!!

But I won't act overly excited or else she might think I'm a lunatic for knowing her name even before she introduced herself to me.

Be calm. Be calm. You can do this.

Don't be like Chirag Gupta.

I slowly turned around to face my future, non-blood related-sister and life long bestfriend.

"...umm Hi? My name is Wardah and I'm your mai-"

"Bestfriend" I cut her off immediately.

Sh*t! It slipped!

"Excuse me?" She looks at me confused.

Cover it up!! Cover it up!!!

" *cough* Ummm... can you be my friend?..." I twirled a strand of my hair nervously awaiting of her response.

Really??!!! That's all you could come up with???!!!

"You don't have a friend around here? I mean this place is pretty big with all th-" she stopped her sentence while glancing at my sorrowful face.

"I used too.....and then they.....kind of ignored me later on....."

Play the pitiful abandoned teary eyed girl with a red nose with snots!!!!!

"They abandoned you? How could they? What's their name? I oughta-" Wardah suddenly rolled up her sleeve and balled her fist as if she's getting ready for a fight.

"No! You don't have to really....I'm used to it now...."

"Well, don't get used to it"

"What?"