☆ Chapter 10 : Reborn ☆

As a human, it's natural to crave attention, to crave love and to crave recognition. If someone doesn't crave these annoying things, then they are far from being a normal human.

Having these kinds of thoughts in another angle, Aster felt how absolutely foolish of her to demand things like this, that she knows was impossible in this type of family.

One who values the opinions of others more, and putting the views of the social media on a high pedestal, in search of acceptance towards the wrong side.

Sitting on the sofa in the living room of her small house having nothing to do, she took the time to reminiscence about the past few years and remembering her previous life in this same ground, which is the source of her misery.

*

7 years ago

Aster gasped for air as she sat up, looking around only seeing white. White curtains, white bed ,white walls and the smell of anesthetic.

A hospital.

How did she get here? A mystery itself. The last thing she remembers was sitting in a moving car heading to a strangers place to get married off, only to be attacked by a gang with the symbol of a white Wolf shadowed by a red rose.

Was that all just a dream? Did she really die or maybe she was rescued at the last minute only to face the wrath of her so-called-blood-family again, for staining the good business connection by failing to be married off for the second time?

But then, she became aware of her small body. Skin so soft and supple, her small floral patterned dress that looks to be the size of a 3 years old.

After gaining her focus from being dazed, she vaguely heard the sound of arguing on the opposite room from where she was in. It seems to be a heated conversation that involves a young girl.

Remembering the vague memories of the exact same place at the exact same time, it she wasn't mistaken, they were talking about her.

Today is the day where her misery began.

-

"I'm sorry sir, but your daughter's condition is currently incurable" the voice of an elderly man can be heard from the opposite side of the room.

"There must be something that you could do!!! A treatment or an operation!!! Something!!! There has to be a way to cure her! How much???!! I'll pay for the cost" another man yelled desperately, as if his life depended on it.

"There is no other way, I've trie-"the doctor was trying to ease the man but he was cut off rudely.

"Bullshit! You didn't try harder!!! Look, I have all the money! JUST NAME THE DAMN PRICE!!!! Everything is at stake here!!! "the man yelled to the doctor in the face.

What exactly is at stake?

-

And why is it something so important, that he kept the secret from even the family members, for so long.....

-

"Sir,please calm down. I'm sorry but there's no other way, she needs to minimize her involvement in any rough activities or she'll suffer because of exhaustion" the doctor insisted them to accept reality as he finalized his decision.

The doctor no longer cares about them nor does he even remember the weak child sitting on the bed in the other opposite room.

His job is more important than a mere weak life. There are countless of others who needed him more and will surely show more respect as he uses his skill to save them.