Prologue

A/N The Dragon Slayer fight from the GMG's has got to be one of my favorites!  I tried to put up the video for chariot but I can't seem to get the inline thing to show up again!

Disclaimer: All Fairy Tail Characters Belong to Hiro Mashima, Tiamat is loosely based on Tiamat from Forgotten Realms which Belongs to Wizards of the Coast, LLC. The traits of the chromatic dragons have been altered to match the dragon slayers in the Fairy Tail Universe.

Edited and Revised: April 25, 2019

Prologue

The Grand Magic Games, a yearly event spanning five days. Created for no other reason than to decide which guild was the strongest in all the Kingdom of Fiore, or so it was believed.

It was a well-loved spectacle, attended by thousands of fans determined to cheer their favorite guild on to victory. One man, however, had no such plans. Instead, he sat amongst the crowd in the stands of the massive stadium Domus Flau, scrutinizing the mages who were participating intently, seeking to determine if they were the ones he had been sent to observe.

His clothes were nondescript, but no one would have been able to tell as he'd covered them with a black cloak, it's back emblazoned with a symbol depicting five dragons joined at the neck to form a circle. Each of the heads represented a race of chromatic dragon, the likes of which had not been seen for many a century. The dragons were vibrant in their respective hues of red, blue, green, black or white.

This man had watched the first day of the competition with great disappointment as none of the participating mages had seemed to match what he was looking for. His master, however, had been more optimistic, demanding his return and bidding him to continue his observations. There had been much talk of multiple dragon slayers participating at this year's Games, and their group needed to collect as much information as possible about these rare mages.

He waited patiently as the announcer called the first event of the day, Chariot. The contestants would have to race across a chain of moving chariots on their way towards the finish line located at the Domus Flau stadium. The man watched with growing excitement as the announcer listed the contestants. Sting Eucliffe from Sabertooth, and Natsu Dragneel and Gajeel Redfox from Fairy Tail would all be competing. Finally, he would get to see dragon slayers in action.

The race began, and he was baffled to see all three dragon slayers perform dismally. What kind of farce was this? These were the great disciples of the mighty dragons, the most powerful creatures to have graced Earthland?

Not one of them was able to make his way across the chariots, seemingly fighting off some sort of illness. Although in all fairness, the dragon slayers appeared determined to persevere and see the contest through. This wasn't what had been expected at all. The man continued to watch the day's events unable to gather any new information.

The third day was intriguing, to say the least. Fairy Tail's Laxus Dreyar fought Raven Tail's Alexei. The man saw Laxus beaten mercilessly, the dragon slayer making no attempt to use his powerful magic to defend himself against the relentless assault of his opponent.

Thankfully the fight the crowd had seen had been but an illusion and Laxus came out the victor. Unfortunately, all the man had been able to see was the lightning radiating off Laxus' body as the illusion dispelled. He wanted to scream in frustration.

That same day he was also able to witness the prowess of Fairy Tail's wind dragon, a little girl by the name of Wendy Marvell. She was quite impressive, but she was of no use to him. Her type of magic was incompatible with their needs.

He left the stadium hoping he'd be able to see the other dragon slayers use their magic sometime soon. He needed to know if they possessed the magic his group required for the summoning. He took advantage of the one day break in the proceedings to report to his master what he'd seen so far. He'd return for the next day of competition.

He found his seat just in time for the tag battle between Lamia Scale and Mermaid Heel to begin. He looked around the stadium in boredom and waited for it to be done. When they announced the last tag battle he couldn't believe his luck, it was to be a battle between four dragon slayers, two from Fairy Tail against the two from Sabertooth. This was what he'd been waiting for. There was no way they could hide their power from him now.

It was an epic battle unlike anything he'd witnessed before. The dragon slayers fought with all their might. Such power! He was definitely in awe. Three of the chromatic dragons were represented — Natsu's fire for Red, Sting's light for White and Rogue's shadow for Black. That lightning dragon Laxus would work for Blue. Even though iron was also represented, the metallic dragon would be of no use to them.

He was disappointed to not find a stand-in for the green dragon, but that could come with time. There were bound to be more dragon slayers. The man left the stadium quickly, eager to report his findings.

There was much work to be done, research was still needed on the binding ritual before they could even attempt a summoning, but now that they had found these dragon slayers he knew their plan was much more feasible than they had first thought.

Something had to be done to rid the world of the scourge that was Acnologia.

They would need to keep an eye on both the Fairy Tail and Sabertooth guilds.

xxx

A/N I will not be updating this story as quickly as I did with Good Intentions but I am really excited about the idea, so I will be working on it. I will try to have a chapter up weekly, or every other week as my schedule allows. The following chapters should be longer. I hope you enjoy the prologue and decide to come on this adventure with me.