First Contact

Disclaimer: All Fairy Tail Characters Belong to Hiro Mashima, Tiamat is loosely based on Tiamat from Forgotten Realms which Belongs to Wizards of the Coast, LLC. The traits of the chromatic dragons have been altered to match the dragon slayers in the Fairy Tail Universe. Drakan belongs to Surreal Software.

Chapter 18: First Contact

They all stared in shock as Jet told them there had been an explosion at the Magic Council headquarters in Era that had killed not only the nine members of the Magic Council but countless others that had been present in the building when it happened. The newspaper article did not mention who was responsible for the attack.

Just as they were getting used to the idea that this had really happened Freed arrived at the guild with a very ill Laxus, Bickslow, Evergreen and Former Council Member Yajima.

"Please you have to help them, we were attacked by Tartaros.", Freed was besides himself with worry.

"Take them upstairs to Porlyusica.", Makarov called to Elfman, Gajeel, Gray and Macao to take the injured up to the infirmary. They all made their way upstairs to Porlyusica.

The commotion woke Natsu up from his magic induced slumber and he looked around him in confusion. He saw the beds now filled with Laxus and members of the Thunder Tribe as well as Mr. Yajima.

"What happened, is she back?" He got up from the bed looking tense.

"No Natsu, the Magic Council is gone and someone else attacked them. Someone from Tartaros.", Erza told him.

"Gone? Tartaros?", Natsu wondered just how long he had been out for all these things to have happened. He glanced over at Gray who looked angry and worried.

Makarov was talking to Porlyusica "Are they going to be alright?"

"I don't know, they've been infected with Devil particles. Laxus worst of all. Even a small amount can be deadly but they seem to be fighting it off for now. Only time will tell.", Porlyusica told Makarov in as gentle a tone as she could muster. She knew how much the old man loved his grandson and how happy he was to have him back in the guild once more.

Makarov made his way over to Freed and asked him "Freed, can you tell us what happened?"

Freed was not feeling so great himself but he had to let them know. "They are going after ex-council members too. Laxus stopped him... he ... saved... the..." Freed collapsed on the floor and they placed him on another bed. Makarov looked at him proud that he had gotten all the mages home even while suffering the effect of the devil particles himself. "Let's let them get some rest for now."

They all went downstairs to discuss the situation.

"They attacked our family Gramps, we need to show them what happens to those who make an enemy of Fairy Tail. We have to take the fight to them", Natsu yelled, not being able to contain his anger after seeing his friends injured.