Love Makes You Stronger

Disclaimer: All Fairy Tail Characters Belong to Hiro Mashima, Tiamat is loosely based on Tiamat from Forgotten Realms which Belongs to Wizards of the Coast, LLC. The traits of the chromatic dragons have been altered to match the dragon slayers in the Fairy Tail Universe. Drakan belongs to Surreal Software.

Chapter 32: Love Makes You Stronger

"What the hell are you playing at Silver?", Natsu growled. He had been busy watching Kai and had not been aware of what was happening until he heard the arrow hit Erza's sword.

Erza Scarlet stood in front of Natsu in her Flame Empress Armor. She held her Flame Sword firmly in her right hand pointing it at Silver. She was mildly surprised by his resemblance to Gray but dismissed the thought. It didn't matter who he looked like, he was clearly a threat. Her body was riddled with wounds and her breathing was strained but it did nothing to deter the fierceness of her expression.

Erza was here and she looked pissed. Gray had never been so happy to see his friend.

"We'll explain later. Here's the short version.", Gray pointed at Silver, "That guy is being controlled by Tiamat. She wants him to kill Natsu. Natsu and I need to stop that little red dragon from using his magic or getting killed by Acnologia. We also need to find a way to stop Acnologia and Tiamat."

"Is that all?", Erza said her voice laden with sarcasm. She looked at Natsu and noticed that he looked haggard, "Well then, Gray can you keep him occupied while I tend to Natsu?"

Gray nodded at her and turned to face his father again. He prepared himself to fight.

"Ice Make: Cold Excalibur"

"Come on Dad, snap out of it! Don't make me use this."

"Get out of the way Gray.", Silver said calmly, "I have to kill Natsu."

There was a hidden edge to his voice that worried Gray. He didn't think Silver was fighting off the spell any longer. He asked himself how far he was willing to go to protect Natsu and immediately knew that he would go as far as was needed.

"No. I will not let you hurt him. I can't live without him.", Gray eyed his father tensely, "I already know I can live without you."

Gray moved closer to his father. He consoled himself with the knowledge that if it came down to it his father would likely be grateful for an end to his current existence. He still felt conflicted as he had grown to like the man. He'd hoped that they could get to know each other again after this conflict was over.

Erza used her armor's abilities to produce as much fire as she was capable of and moved it to her blade. She pointed her sword at Natsu and shot the flames directly at him. Natsu smiled as he ingested all of the fire.

"Thanks Erza. I'm all fired up now!", Natsu gave her his widest grin. The fire she had produced for him had replenished some of his magic and he felt much better. He turned his attention to his foolhardy son who was still flying around evading Acnologia's attacks. He admired the precision with which Kai flew. It was so graceful that it was almost beautiful. Outside of being in his dragon form he did not seem to be using any additional magic. He watched Acnologia try to close in on the red dragon as Metalicana and the others attacked the black dragon all at once forcing him to change his trajectory. He snapped out of his reverie and propulsed himself into the air.