The Goddess Revealed

Disclaimer: All Fairy Tail Characters Belong to Hiro Mashima, Tiamat is loosely based on Tiamat from Forgotten Realms which Belongs to Wizards of the Coast, LLC. The traits of the chromatic dragons have been altered to match the dragon slayers in the Fairy Tail Universe.

Chapter 2: The Goddess Revealed

The restless deity looked around at her surroundings with contempt. To think this is what she'd been reduced to, a small room inside some sort of magic nullifying device. The mere perception of being held prisoner rankled her.

That they believed she could be bound amused her, but she'd been careful to do nothing to dispel them of the notion. Time was something she had a lot of at the moment, and she had every intention of using her so-called imprisonment to her advantage.

It was unfortunate that she'd been summoned without her dragon magic. A downright nuisance that dragons were extinct in this time. She'd been aware their numbers had been dwindling during the war, but she could never have foreseen they would die out completely.

It was a stroke of good fortune that traces of their magic still existed in the world. Found inside those dragon slayers and in rare cases inside something called lacrimas, but it was nothing compared to the might of an actual dragon. Had she needed more than a jumpstart to awaken her own dormant magics she would have found herself in a much different position.

She wondered if the white dragon slayer had realized what had happened yet. He seemed a bit simple, and she assumed he wouldn't see the real Minerva soon. While it had been enough for her needs, she'd been surprised at how weak his power had been when compared to a real white dragon, especially considering what she'd recognized inside him. If the remaining dragon slayers were of the same caliber, they shouldn't be able to put up much of a fight.

Those bumbling insects that had summoned her into this world had been busy gathering information on her playthings for weeks now. She would continue to cooperate with their plans until she got more of her magic back. After all, they were doing all the work for her and so far it had proved quite pleasurable.

When she felt strong enough, however, she'd make them all pay for their insolence, and then nothing would be able to stop her. Not even that black dragon they wanted her to kill, Acnologia.

And why should she kill him? Dragons were delightful creatures, and she enjoyed their company. No chromatic dragon had ever refused the chance to please their Queen. Except for that one haughty red dragon who'd dared call himself, King.

Igneel.

The humiliation of that moment still vexed her, and she wished he were still around so she could exact vengeance on him for daring to refuse her.

Although she hadn't expected to find a way out of Avernus this soon, she wouldn't waste this opportunity to remake this world into whatever she desired. She sat in her room and schemed.

xxx

A cloaked man returned to the Penta Dragon headquarters in Margaret Town. He looked frustrated as he entered the nondescript building located by the river. He wasn't looking forward to his report.

He was responsible for the surveillance of Fairy Tail's Fire Dragon Slayer, Natsu Dragneel. There were several problems with this duty. Natsu was invariably surrounded by his teammates, other members of Fairy Tail or that stupid flying cat. He was always away on missions, seemed to have no love interest, at least not one the man could make out. His main rivals were the ice mage and the Iron Dragon Slayer in that order.

Natsu also had the best senses out of all of the dragon slayers and could always seem to detect when he was being observed. If the man didn't have teleportation magic, he would've been caught countless times already.