Den of Demons

Disclaimer: All Fairy Tail Characters Belong to Hiro Mashima, Tiamat is loosely based on Tiamat from Forgotten Realms which Belongs to Wizards of the Coast, LLC. The traits of the chromatic dragons have been altered to match the dragon slayers in the Fairy Tail Universe. Drakan belongs to Surreal Software.

Chapter 24: Den of Demons

"I found it! If my calculations are correct Tartaros should be right above us.", Levy said in triumph.

"Everyone get ready, let's go get our family back!", Makarov called out a battle cry, "Let's teach them what happens to those who dare to mess with Fairy Tail!"

The guild members all cheered and began their preparations for battle.

"You should go apologize to Elfman, Cana-san.", Wendy urged the card mage, "You were really hard on him. Maybe you can tell him the good news."

Cana made a show of finishing her drink but in the end she did as the Sky Dragon Slayer suggested. Although she still felt something was off about Elfman, she knew she might have pushed a bit too hard. She made her way downstairs thinking about what she would say.

Elfman looked at the lacrima he was holding in his hand. The item that was a physical representation of just how weak he was. He, a take over mage, had allowed himself to be taken over by Seylah's Macro Curse. The irony was not at all lost on him. He could see Lisanna struggling to breathe as he was forced to choke her. He remembered begging for her life while Seylah had suggested a trade. Lisanna for his soul. All he had to do was destroy everyone he loved and Lisanna would be safe. He wished he could say he had put up a fight, but he hadn't. He had allowed himself to be enslaved with no fuss. When it exploded the lacrima would emit concentrated ether 500 times stronger than the Jupiter Cannon Phantom Lord had tried to use on them. His one comfort was that it would be over quickly and they would not feel any pain.

He placed the lacrima down and activated it. He sat and waited for the ending of his life marking the time by the sound of its beeping. He was so focused he didn't hear Cana approach behind him.

"Elfman? I just wanted to say I was out of line.", the card mage started and stopped as she noticed the tension in his shoulders and heard beeping.

Her eyes widened as she saw the lacrima. "Elfman, what are you doing?"

Cana started walking towards the lacrima, trying to figure out a way to deactivate it.

"Stay back, Cana! I have to do this.", he quickly got up and tried to keep her away from the lacrima.

Elfman knocked her down and tried to keep her pinned. Cana struggled against him but he was too strong. She silently apologized as she drove her knee up to his genitals as hard as she could manage in that position. He loosened his hold on her hands and she was able to scurry away out of his reach.

"Elfman this isn't like you, why are you doing this?"

Cana kept talking while she reached inside her purse for her cards. The lacrima was beeping more rapidly and she did not know how much time they had left. She called upon the Card Dimension magic she had learned from Erza's friend Sho and trapped Elfman in one of her cards. The beeping of the lacrima began to speed up and Cana ran up the stairs as fast as she could. She threw the cards ahead of her and trapped everyone present in one. She hoped she had enough cards for everyone.