Playthings

Disclaimer: All Fairy Tail Characters Belong to Hiro Mashima, Tiamat is loosely based on Tiamat from Forgotten Realms which Belongs to Wizards of the Coast, LLC. The traits of the chromatic dragons have been altered to match the dragon slayers in the Fairy Tail Universe. Drakan belongs to Surreal Software.

Chapter 27: Playthings

Lucy, Happy and Juvia tried to block out Natsu and Gajeel's screams as they ran away from Tiamat. They were still shaken from having witnessed how easily Tiamat had ended that demon's life. They felt terrible for running away but Gray had been adamant about them going for help. The problem was that they had no idea where Sting and the others were. There was still fighting all around them and they also needed to get the blood sample to Porlyusica.

"Happy, why don't you fly ahead and try to find Sting?"

"No, Natsu asked me to make sure you got to safety and that's exactly what I'm going to do."

Lucy wanted to be upset with Happy's stubborness but she understood. It must have been hard for him to leave Natsu behind. She knew there was nothing she could say that would make him veer from his determination to do as Natsu asked of him. They ran towards where they thought Porlyusica had set up her makeshift infirmary.

"Lucy, Happy, Juvia, over here!", they heard Lyon calling them and hurried to reach him.

"Where have you been?", Lyon asked the group of mages as he made an Ice Gorilla to fight the soldiers that were still coming at him.

"We ran outside to fight like the Master asked but we ran into some demons and then Tiamat showed up.", Lucy told him.

"She's here?", Lyon asked nervously, "Where are Gray and Natsu?"

"They're still back there, Gajeel too.", Happy responded, "They need help! She killed one of the demons with her finger."

"What do you mean she killed him with her finger?", Lyon asked in confusion and a feeling of dread began to rise within him as he remembered his last encounter with the deity.

"It doesn't matter now, we need to find Sting and the others and get back there before she grabs Natsu and disappears.", Lucy said as she grabbed one of her keys.

"Open Gate of the Lion! Loke!"

Loke appeared and began to help Lyon fight off some of the soldiers.

"Lucy, go find Sting we'll take care of these guys.", Loke said while using some of his Regulus magic against a soldier that had managed to sneak his way to where Lucy and Juvia were standing.

"What's wrong with Juvia?", Lyon looked at the water mage with concern noticing her puffy red eyes and her silence.

"I don't know exactly, Tiamat killed that demon in front of us and she just lost it. That's when Gray asked us to get help."