Chapter Nineteen

A/N: This little tidbit is here cause I'm not certain how many of you guys read the stuff at the end. The 2014OHSHCAwards have started, and I would love if you guys could vote for this story if you don't mind! It's entered in the Kyoya category!

Zaira

When I spun around I saw exactly who I’d expected to see; a person who also happened to be the last person I wanted to see. Out of the corner of my I eye I noticed that one of the twins had pulled out his cellphone and was typing away at the keypad.

“Ichiro-kun,” I greeted while attempting to push my swirling emotions aside. “Th-thanks, I w-was w-worried…”

My voice trailed off as Ichiro’s lips turned down in a frown.

“I figured you would be,” he replied, taking a step into the room.

It was then I noted the bandage wrapped around his free hand. At least he’d managed to get that taken care of. When he saw me looking, Ichiro tucked the hand behind his back and held up his other, which was tightly holding onto the handle of my violin case.

“Here…” Ichiro muttered and I stepped forward to take it.

As my hand brushed his, heat flooded into my cheeks. Instantly I snatched my hand back and looked away- although before I did I could have sworn that Ichiro’s face had lit up the same shade as my own.

“Zaira-chan,” Ichiro said, then paused. I could hear a huge mixture of emotions in that one word. “I-”

“Zaira-chan~” two voices chimed as their arms wrapped around my shoulders from each side. “Guess who’s on his way.”

It didn’t take even a second to know who they were talking about. As I chanced a look at Ichiro I discovered he’d figured it out as well. His entire body had gone tense and his hands clenched into fists at his sides. I did the only thing I could.

“S-sorry, I-Ichiro-kun. I’m g-going on a t-trip-”

“Ootori told me,” he cut in. Everything about his tone screamed irritation. “Have fun.”

Ichiro then sat the case down on a desk and turned towards the door. Right as he was about to leave, however, another person appeared in the space. The two boys stared at each other for a moment before Kyoya stepped to the side and allowed Ichiro to pass by. In that moment I saw Kyoya’s lips move, the words too soft for me to hear. Whatever it was, Ichiro didn’t pause, but kept walking.

Pursing his lips, Kyoya stepped the rest of the way into the classroom and picked up my case from where Ichiro had left it.

“Shall we go?”

Kyoya had apparently done as he’d said he would and asked the twins about a swimming suit, as well as the promise about a cellphone. By the we arrived at the resort I had the dark violet phone in hand and was being escorted to the dressing rooms by one twin while Haruhi was escorted by the other.

My problem wasn’t with that, however, it was with the suit I was handed

The only thing I could give it credit for was that it was a one-piece and that it was black. If it hadn’t been for those two things, I probably wouldn’t have even tried it on. It fit rather snugly, and was designed with a low v-neck and a lace back. I felt naked and lacked even the slightest ability to consider walking out to join the host club in my current attire.