Chapter 9:A Party Late At Night:Part 2:Evan-Gabriel And His Birthday Presents

Location:The Kusharan Necropolis,5000 miles east of the capitols of Narniv Novsha,on the planet of Kushara.

  Count Evan-Gabriel,is the thirteen-year-old ruler of The Kusharan Necropolis,a city inhabited by the dead.The only truly living things there are Count Evan-Gabriel and the servants and protectors of his home,a large grey castle.

  Emperor Voz,Uncle of and superior to Evan-Gabriel,walk through the halls of the grey castle,towards the throne room.Behind Voz,are several strong bodyguards carrying a huge purple birthday present.

  Emperor Voz reaches the door to the throne room,and opens them.

  The pale,white-haired,Evan-Gabriel,dressed in a long purple robe and sitting upon a golden throne,watches silently as Emperor Voz,his bodyguards,and the huge purple present box approach him.

  "Happy birthday dearest nephew!"cheers the Emperor to the Count.The Count waves hello.

  "I have a present for you dear nephew,"says Voz."He steps aside as the bodyguards set down the large purple present box.

  "You know how you've always been wanting a friend, since the day you turned four?"asks Voz.

  The Count nods.

  "You know how you've always been wanting a pet?"

  Evan-Gabriel nods again.

  "Well,I think it's high time you've got what you been wanting.I understand it's a bit sad living here with nothing but dead townspeople and living servants,so I've decided to really try this year to make you happy."

  Without further adue,a bodyguard hits the box,which fall apart,revealing two living things.

  The first is a pink flamingo,which begins to walk towards the silent Count as the Count gazes upon the second living birthday gift.

  The white-haired count gazes at another thirteen-year-old boy.The boy's definitely human,seeming to be of European descent,with blonde hair,pale skin,and wearing a purple tuxedo.Around his neck is a brass collar with the name "Ivan" engraved on it.

  The boy screams in pure fear as he runs away from Voz towards the Count and his throne.

  "Help!"shouts the boy."Help me please!"

  "Shout one more word,human,"threatens Voz."And I throw you to this castle's dungeon!"

  "Why is he so scared?"asks Count Evan-Gabriel,petting the flamingo.

  "I kidnapped him,and stole him away from a human settlement on The Motherlode.I left his sister and parents buried alive under their house."

  "That was much too harsh for my liking Uncle."

  "Bullshit.Anyway,how do you like these two gifts of yours?"

  "They're very nice,but gained through ways much too harsh."

  "Well,I'll leave you too alone now,"declares Voz.He and his men leave the throne room,and back to Voz's palace in Narniv Novsha.

  The two boys,and the flamingo,were now alone.

  Ivan,hiding behind Evan-Gabriel's throne.The flamingo,walking about.And Count Evan-Gabriel,sitting atop his throne,staring at the throne room doors.

  Evan-Gabriel,without breaking gaze at the doors,finally speaks to Ivan,who quietly cries behind the throne.

  "What is a birthday party?"

  Ivan still quietly sobs.Evan-Gabriel shuffles over to him,unshackles Ivan of his collar.Then,after hurling the collar that was once Ivan's,The Count shuffles back to his seat.

  "Answer me human,what is a birthday party?"

  "A happy thing,"sniffles Ivan.

  "What's happy about it?"

  "You get to celebrate with friends.And there's sweet things and presents."

  "What are you Ivan?What's your purpose?"

  "I don't exactly know anymore."

  "No,I don't think I want you as a slave.I've never had friends before,so you'll be my first friend.

   "That...would be...a very...bit nice,"sniffles Ivan in-between his sobs."

  "I'm sorry,for all the bad that has happened to you.I don't know how it feels to experience what you've experienced,but the only things I can do are to help you move on,and cheer you up to some extent.I'll try very soon to make you somewhat happy,now that you're seemingly my only friend,besides the flamingo.But for now,I must say that I'm so sorry,for everything that happened..."

Next Chapter:A Party Late At Night:Part 3